Friend's Turtle Beach Z Seven died

Lauen

So a friend of mine bought a pair of Turtle Beach Z Seven, and the other day (after like two days of owning it) the Audio Control Unit died. it's almost like a MixAmp. Now here's the thing: it died during a power outage. the power went out, and when the power came back, the Control unit just gets this red ring around the selector wheel thing. I'm posting this cause he asked me to post it. He has already contacted TB support, but no answer yet. The unit is not recognized by Windows, sometimes it pops up "installing drivers" but it just stops, and says "Generic USB device" and couldn't install the drivers, while still having that red ring. 

Also: I almost got him to buy my old PC360's before he saw that MLG uses Turtle Beaches, and bought them purely out of fanboyism, didnt' even ask me *disappoint* 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

tell him to sign up and post so we can chastise him properly. :D :lol:

Sounds to me like it's toast, If I were him I chalk this up to experience, try to get a refund and by something better.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

tell him to sign up and post so we can chastise him properly. :D :lol:

Sounds to me like it's toast, If I were him I chalk this up to experience, try to get a refund and by something better.

yeah, sort of wanna get him to send it back, get his money back, and just take the PC360's off my hands. 

High qualitah!

Damn, it's almost like power fluctuations was the fault rather than the gear.

OP, return it to the store under warranty. Don't mention the power thing. The dumber you play with electronics vendors, the better.

Damn, it's almost like power fluctuations was the fault rather than the gear.

OP, return it to the store under warranty. Don't mention the power thing. The dumber you play with electronics vendors, the better.

Doesn't really scream quality when that's the only thing that died during said power outage, lol

but yeah, he's a little stubborn, so we'll see how he wants to go about it, sending it back and getting a new one or his money back. I will obviously try to push him in the direction of getting his money back, and then buying my PC360's. 

Doesn't really scream quality when that's the only thing that died during said power outage, lol

but yeah, he's a little stubborn, so we'll see how he wants to go about it, sending it back and getting a new one or his money back. I will obviously try to push him in the direction of getting his money back, and then buying my PC360's. 

I've seen plenty of high quality components from very reputable brands suffer from not being properly protected by interactive UPS'. It's not a vendors fault for a customer not protecting equipment from power surges/brownouts/cuts etc.

I've seen plenty of high quality components from very reputable brands suffer from not being properly protected by interactive UPS'. It's not a vendors fault for a customer not protecting equipment from power surges/brownouts/cuts etc.

and I thought we had all agreed that Turtle Beach was crap... anyway, I think that the PSU would go before any other thing would? or at least have some overcurrent protection (it's an AX860i) 

and I thought we had all agreed that Turtle Beach was crap... anyway, I think that the PSU would go before any other thing would? or at least have some overcurrent protection (it's an AX860i) 

Yeah, it's definitely weird. Either way, return to store and act dumb. Try push for a DOA.

If you bought the headset from a `bricks and water' store then take them back to them, online send them back as faulty after all you said they are only 2 day's old.  

Otherwise you will have to deal with Turtle Beach customer services :(

Cry Havoc!

If you bought the headset from a `bricks and water' store then take them back to them, online send them back as faulty after all you said they are only 2 day's old.  

Otherwise you will have to deal with Turtle Beach customer services :(

yeah, he has contacted the e-tailer he bought it from, so he'll be sending them back, and either getting a new pair or get his money back.