Building my system in Singapore,

Well I my funds ready and I did my research for my parts. I was planning on getting most on my parts by getting them at sim lim square, but the fans (BeQuiet silent wings 3) have to be ordered thru newegg.sg.

I was planning to put the system together myself but the shop staff offered to put everything together for me, I just have to bring in the fans, I've never had others put my builds together for me. My last build (4yrs ago) I put it together myself with the help of youtube. 

Does anyone have experience letting shop staff put systems together, I'm not sure if I can trust others messing with my system. 

My Main System :  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hk4pcY (Silverstone Sugo SG13W) 

My Home Gaming Pc : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hk4pcY (Silverstone RVZ03) 

O

I have no reference to Singapore, but I know I have only regretted bringing a PC to another technician once. And I knew I would going in, so just judge the man who will be working on it for yourself.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I've been to Sim Lim tower - I met idiots and geniuses there.  I recommend dealing with the geniuses :) 

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

1 minute ago, zombienerd said:

I've been to Sim Lim tower - I met idiots and geniuses there.  I recommend dealing with the geniuses :) 

if you really want to deal with Geniuses, you should go to the local apple store...

Oh wait..

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

All those big stores in sim lim square are quite okay. You need to be careful about the small ones.

But all in all I would put up the PC myself and wouldn't let anyone else do it. Just saying.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

42 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

Well I my funds ready and I did my research for my parts. I was planning on getting most on my parts by getting them at sim lim square, but the fans (BeQuiet silent wings 3) have to be ordered thru newegg.sg.

I was planning to put the system together myself but the shop staff offered to put everything together for me, I just have to bring in the fans, I've never had others put my builds together for me. My last build (4yrs ago) I put it together myself with the help of youtube. 

Does anyone have experience letting shop staff put systems together, I'm not sure if I can trust others messing with my system. 

PCThemes should be perfectly fine if you're buying from them, their rep is too good for them to try something.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCThemes should be perfectly fine if you're buying from them, their rep is too good for them to try something.

Yup I'm getting most of my stuff from pc themes

O

2 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

I am a bit picky on how my system looks. I know that having "shop staff" build a system there will be something I would have done differently. This means I would have to take it apart and fix what ever looks off or wrong. I say save that annoyance and just build it yourself. 

Depends on shop. If you know things, talk with the people there. Ask some tricky tech questions which are obvious to those who deal with PC hardware more. If they can talk same "language" with you, then they are probably valid option.

From what I read, people who just sell stuff and work with business OEMs aren't good choice. They make stuff that works, sure, but for gamers/enthusiasts needs that usually isn't enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You've built a PC before. Why would you go backward and let others do it this time? I can't understand it.

Did you have a bad experience with your old system?

2 minutes ago, mach said:

You've built a PC before. Why would you go backward and let others do it this time? I can't understand it.

Did you have a bad experience with your old system?

That was almost 4years ago even my 4770k has a beard already. 

O

2 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

That was almost 4years ago even my 4770k has a beard already. 

What have changed in PC building during this 4 years?

The process is pretty much the same.

Since you're on this forum I believe you know already where to find the help you may need.

1 hour ago, mach said:

What have changed in PC building during this 4 years?

The process is pretty much the same.

Since you're on this forum I believe you know already where to find the help you may need.

Yeah I guess

O