Can’t boot windows 10 on server

Hi guys. I recently got my x3650 m3. Its sooo hard to use. I had to swap out the m5015 raid controller with a hp smart array p410. I could successfully create the arrays and want to install windows 10 on it for now. It took me an hour to figure out how to boot from a usb on it. After windows installed, it said that the system need to reboot to finish. But it just rebooted over and over and over, initializing the raid controller and UEFI platform. It does not have the ability to detect a boot drive. Please help me. After changing the raid controller I had no idea which drive is which. I tried to select all the choices in one time boot options but nothing worked.

damn you ibm

Im no expert but you might require windows server to run a dual socket setup if this is what you are running.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

you bought a server from 10 years ago and expected it to work easily with a modern operating system...

yeah.. good luck on that one.

if you cant tell which drive is which, start over. only install the drive(s) the os is going to be on then once you have it running put in the rest. 

Make sure it did not change the boot settings for some reason and maybe pull out the usb once its done installing or if you did that before then leave it in until its fully working. 

Also maybe try using Win7 or Server 2012 first, not sure if that will really make a difference though...

Main Computer: Intel 9900k, Asus Maximus XI Formula, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3000MHZ C15, EVGA GTX1070 Hybrid, Corsair HX850i, Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic, 26TB

2: Xeon 2695 V3, Asus x99-A II, Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x8GB 2666 C15, Corsair RX750

3: Dell R510 8-Bay, dual x5675, 16GB ECC, 8x600GB 15k SAS

6 hours ago, manikyath said:

you bought a server from 10 years ago and expected it to work easily with a modern operating system...

yeah.. good luck on that one.

It worked with a even older server I’m just upgrading it

7 hours ago, alatron978 said:

Im no expert but you might require windows server to run a dual socket setup if this is what you are running.

Yes it’s a dual socket but my older server is also dual socket. Ran without a hiccup

Check the microcode for the server. My dude was building one ad could install 2012 But not 2016 on his. 

During boot you should be able to press F11 or F12 and get a boot selection menu. If you do not see your boot device then toggle it between UEFI/legacy.

Go into bios and change it to either boot UEIF or boot AHCI/MBR/legacy/what-ever-the-other-option-is.