2 graphics cards or new computer?

Go to solution Solved by Princess Luna,

How are you trying to stream? with a GTX 1080 Ti you could try NVENC or alternatively use Quick Sync with the i7's iGPU HD 630.

Not sure if this is the right discussion channel or not but this is what has been bugging me.....

i am running a new i7 8700 with 16gb ram and a GTX 1080 ti. I have a monitor that runs 144 htz Love his machine and am trying to get into streaming a little more. I am getting a very bad lag in my stream and have no issues with gameplay. When I am running current games I am still seeing a huge gpu pull. I see very little pull when trying to stream through cpu. I would like to run the system at the highest it can go without over cloacking (fear of over heating). I have either been looking into getting a second tower to help in streaming or

adding a second 1080 ti (be almost the same price for a second comp). I am also concerned about over heating with adding a second gpu through sli. Anytips or suggestions on if adding a second gpu would be good or if I should just go and buy a second computer? Thanks! 

How are you trying to stream? with a GTX 1080 Ti you could try NVENC or alternatively use Quick Sync with the i7's iGPU HD 630.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

13 minutes ago, PowderHound970 said:

I would like to run the system at the highest it can go without over cloacking (fear of over heating).

The thing about overclocking is that

A) you need to have an overclockable CPU to do it and

B) you're supposed to test the OC so that you don't just fire and forget, but check if your cooler can handle it. 

14 minutes ago, PowderHound970 said:

I am also concerned about over heating with adding a second gpu through sli

Well, what kind of case real estate is available to you? 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I have an additional pci slot that would allow for another 1080ti. I am kinda new to the computer thing so just trying not break my new rig. I am just afraid that the space between the two wouldn’t allow for enough cooling? 

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

I will try that