HDD Dead after drop, No click noises.

Hey there. ?

My HDD (1TB WD Caviar Green, WD10EAVS) Dropped from my PC (half a meter height) while uploading a 2gb file, and now it doesn't work anymore. (it also unplugged at the same time it dropped so that might be something)
The data is really important for me, I produce music and safe all my Projects and Samples on it what makes it even worse. Since I don't have money for a data recovery, I have some hope I can fix this by myself. (please don't judge me for not having backups, I'm aware of this myself aaa)

So... here's a list of things I've diagnosed along the last few days:

• The Harddrive does not do the Click of death, It does do some noise but overall it sounds normal.
  • It spins up for some time (About 20 seconds), Then stops spinning for half a second and then makes one click and spins again. (seems like its doing something and then retrying) After that, it does a click and then stops spinning.
  • So while its spinning Windows is not recognizing the hard drive. As soon as it stops spinning Windows makes the usual Noise of something being plugged in. <- That is only when connected with a SATA case
  • The Harddrive shows up as "not Initialized" in the Disk manager. As soon as I try to initialize it with MBR it says: "the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error" (same with GPT)
  • I tried to Clean in Diskpart and then recover it but as soon as i try that it also says "the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error"
  • Disk part shows the drive as "Size 0B - Free 0B"
  • Ubuntu does not recognize it as well
  • I tried a different PC, Different SATA Cable and Port, Different SATA Power Cable. Same with the case: Different USB and Power Cable. Always leads to the same issues as mentioned.

I Know its probably a Hardware issue. But maybe you have an idea of what is broken in the hard drive and if there's anything I can do about it.
    ?

that thing is a goner...

sorry that you dont have a backup, but expensive recovery is probably your only option unless you can find a way to DIY recovery it. 

24 minutes ago, Reboundlol said:

My HDD (1TB WD Caviar Green, WD10EAVS) Dropped from my PC (half a meter height) while uploading a 2gb file, and now it doesn't work anymore. (it also unplugged at the same time it dropped so that might be something)
The data is really important for me, I produce music and safe all my Projects and Samples on it what makes it even worse. Since I don't have money for a data recovery, I have some hope I can fix this by myself. (please don't judge me for not having backups, I'm aware of this myself aaa)

• I tried to Clean in Diskpart and then recover it but as soon as i try that it also says "the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error"

Guaranteed the head assembly came in contact with the spinning platters, potentially rendering the drive destroyed. At this point, anything you try has a large potential to make the situation worse, so either restore from backup or start saving up some money and send it to https://www.werecoverdata.com/

Also, you might not want to Clean the disk using Diskpart if you value the data... just saying.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)