Which Surge Protector Should I Buy?

hbsterling

I am looking for a surge protector for my desk. My pc has a 650w PSU and also I would plug my phone charger and lamp and little appliances into it as well. What is the best surge protector for under $25 on Newegg or Amazon?

the one with lots of joules, though I've heard that surge protector power strips don't really do much, and if you're wanting surge suppression you need to get the kind that install in your main house electrical panel.

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

5 hours ago, hbsterling said:

My pc has a 650w PSU and

you psu case is already connected to the earth wire.

4 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

you psu case is already connected to the earth wire.

It does but it won't magically protect his PC like surge protector.

Sure protector work by redirecting/absorbing the unwanted/dangerous current to the ground wire..ground wire help to assist surge protector.

With ground wire alone those unwanted/dangerous current will still cause damage to the devices attached to it because they are not fully absorbed or redirected to the ground wire to the earth.

9 hours ago, hbsterling said:

I am looking for a surge protector for my desk. My pc has a 650w PSU and also I would plug my phone charger and lamp and little appliances into it as well. What is the best surge protector for under $25 on Newegg or Amazon?

The one with lots of joules and an indicator LED so you can tell its working.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

went a looking yesterday, ebay, newegg, amazon, google, looking around $30 To $40 bucks range for a descent surge protector that has options for pc. 

i did not look to far into surge protectors for pc. needed simple strips with surge protection, vs rj45 jack, usb, coaxial like connections. and above price range is what i saw things show up with quick glance.