Can a bad psu cause a gpu to preform badly

Kallum111223

I need help i just bought a rx 580 8gb red dragon by powercolor and when i started playing games beamng drive i heard a buzzing and i can see artifacts? i think that it is 'coil whine' but its a brand new gpu?

I have tested my old gpu and the buzzing is still there but quieter so i think it is the psu. 

My specs are: 

New gpu rx 580 8gb powercolor.

Old gpu gtx 960 2gb zotac.

Mobo AB350M-GAMING 3.

Cpu amd ryzen 5 1600 (not oc).

Psu aerocool integrator 850w bronze rating.

Pls help the rx 580 is glitching and i think on screen under load there is artifacts (random black lines and glitching but no freesing or bsod).

Coil whine is a defect not something that happens with the GPU, so yes it can be a factory problem. Also if it was the psu you entire PC should turn of not be annoying

Just now, BurstHearts said:

Coil whine is a defect not something that happens with the GPU, so yes it can be a factory problem. Also if it was the psu you entire PC should turn of not be annoying

It's not a factory defect.

5 minutes ago, BurstHearts said:

So is the gpu bad it has high fps but i can see (black lines and textures) artifacting?

10 minutes ago, Majestic said:

It's not a factory defect.

yes it is, i already had a GPU right ou of the box that was sealed and had coil whine. It is extremely rare but can happen, like find a chocolate with 2 papers. But i also think i need to apologize as i said it only happens in the manufacure not in other places

Edited by BurstHearts

yes it is, i already had a GPU right ou of the box that was sealed and had coil whine. It is extremely rare but can happen, like find a chocolate with 2 papers

It sounds like a psu whine rather than gpu. The glitches on screen is that from the new gpu or the psu failing?

2 minutes ago, Kallum111223 said:

It sounds like a psu whine rather than gpu. The glitches on screen is that from the new gpu or the psu failing?

gpu, if it was the psu it would turn off to save itself from having a bad time

gpu, if it was the psu it would turn off to save itself from having a bad time

Ok. Should i send the gpu back? Or should i buy a new psu anyway as it is classed as bad? 

Thx 4 the repliy

7 minutes ago, BurstHearts said:

yes it is, i already had a GPU right ou of the box that was sealed and had coil whine. It is extremely rare but can happen, like find a chocolate with 2 papers

No, it's not. It can occur in various degree, and only if it's truely excessive will shops consider swapping it out.

1 minute ago, Kallum111223 said:

Ok. Should i send the gpu back? Or should i buy a new psu anyway as it is classed as bad? 

Thx 4 the repliy

yes, send the gpu back, but if you are still in doubt see if you can test your GPU inother PC

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

No, it's not. It can occur in various degree, and only if it's truely excessive will shops consider swapping it out.

I built the pc my self. Should i send the new gpu back before buying and testing it with a new psu?

yes, send the gpu back, but if you are still in doubt see if you can test your GPU inother PC

Ok i will try to test it in another pc. Thanks for the help