Motherboard and M.2 SSD compatibility

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
11 minutes ago, Mycielski said:

Kingston A1000 240 GB NVMe SSD

The connector is there, and the Kingston has both M and B keys (the notches on the connector where it attaches to the mobo) so yes, you should be good to go.

From their website on the mobo

"PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connector with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe NVMe & SATA SSD support)"

Hi guys,

I have a Gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H DDR3 motherboard, and it has an M.2 slot.

I want to use it, for SSD storage, tho' I tried to research the topic, and it turned out, that M.2 in general is a more complicated story, with these 'M' , 'B' & 'M' keys stuff. Not only that, but it turned out that even on PCIe SSD-s, there's AHCI mode....

I'm kinda flod with these informations.

TL;DR

Can a Kingston A1000 240 GB NVMe SSD work together with my formentioned (Gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H DDR3) motherboard, in PCIe NVMe mode?

Thank you in advance!

11 minutes ago, Mycielski said:

Kingston A1000 240 GB NVMe SSD

The connector is there, and the Kingston has both M and B keys (the notches on the connector where it attaches to the mobo) so yes, you should be good to go.

From their website on the mobo

"PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connector with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe NVMe & SATA SSD support)"

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Sorry, the global site mentions NVMe, the one (local) only tells the following:

"PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connector with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe & SATA SSD support)"

Thank you mate!