Dissenter - The comment section of the internet - And a severe game-changer for free speech

Ruckus42
6 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I recommend you to actually check out real science about gender dysphoria before you ever talk about it again

Real science classifies it as mental illness.

Because it is.

8 minutes ago, Mihle said:

You are trying so hard to use one single person situation and put it one a large group of people in a way that is just wrong.

And you're just repeating the same propaganda over and over.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/civil-rights/301661-this-canadian-prof-defied-sjw-on-gender-pronouns-and-has-a

https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-16/

From the second link (the source):

Key words highlighted.  Note that it involves the criminal code and that it involves imposing a sentence.  Now, admittedly that doesn't automatically mean going to jail.  Having said that, if people can be thrown in jail for simply saying homosexuality is a sin (which I've already linked to previously), it's not much of a stretch to assume these laws could be similarly stretched into jail time.  Heck NYC has already passed a law saying you could be fined up to $250,000 for "mis-gendering" someone.

Is it any wonder then, that people are drawn to these fringe services like Dissenter?  When the government/courts/authority (whatever) start deciding what you can and cannot say, down that road lies fascism.

As I liked to earlier, that law in Canada can not put you in prison, or even give you fines for just using the wrong pronoun some times alone. You have to basically have the intent to offend them and say other bad things too.

I don't know about NYC, so I won't comment on that.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

30 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Real science classifies it as mental illness.

Because it is.

And you're just repeating the same propaganda over and over.

No it doesn't classify as a mental illness.  It was before, because they didn't know better, but it's not now. For example, who did classify is as that before, but does not now, because it was wrong and it have known to be for many years, they just took time to update it. A lot of countries haven't classified it as that for many years, because it's not. For example Denmark. 

It's not propaganda, it's fact.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/

This mismatch between sex and gender identity can lead to distressing and uncomfortable feelings that are called gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria is a recognised medical condition, for which treatment is sometimes appropriate. It's not a mental illness.

I bet you will just say NHS is BS or something.

I don't know if you are just ignorant or a troll, but this is my last answer to you.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

2 minutes ago, Mihle said:

No it doesn't classify as a mental illness.

Yes, it does. It is delusion. Perception does not match verifiable reality.

Biology states that if a human is born with two X chromosomes, she is a female, a woman.

If he is born with an X and a Y, he is a male, a man.

This is objective, verifiable reality.

Suffers of this mental illness maintain the perception that their "gender" does not line up with their sex.

9 minutes ago, Mihle said:

t you will just say NHS is BS or something.

No, they're just wrong on this. Not shocking given how politicized gender dysphoria is and hiw "progressive" the UK is.

10 minutes ago, Mihle said:

It's propaganda. And appeal to authority.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

31 minutes ago, Mihle said:

No it doesn't classify as a mental illness.  It was before, because they didn't know better, but it's not now. For example, who did classify is as that before, but does not now, because it was wrong and it have known to be for many years, they just took time to update it. A lot of countries haven't classified it as that for many years, because it's not. For example Denmark. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/

I bet you will just say NHS is BS or something.

I don't know if you are just ignorant or a troll, but this is my last answer to you.

Lol, yeah it is mental illness and even trans people admit that it is one (those that are not offended by facts). It's the stupid snowflakes that were offended by the terminology and demanded it to be changed. Like they demanded basically everything to be changed because their booboos were hurt. When you have one body and one brain, but the later thinks it's of the opposite gender, what does that make it? It's either wrong mind in the correct body or correct mind in the wrong body. Either way it's an anomaly that is not suppose to happen or exist under ideal conditions. Does that mean we should just round them all up in concentration camps or something? Of course not. Are they worse people because of that? No. But we can stop pretending it's not a mental illness. But people freak out as soon as they hear "mental illness", just like they do when you say "radiation" and they all think of nuclear explosions and Chernobyl, even though we also have various relatively harmless types of radiation, just like we have various types and severity of mental illnesses.

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

It's the stupid snowflakes that were offended by the terminology and demanded it to be changed.

Fun fact, the only reason gender dysphoria isn't in the DSV is because critera for what qualified was changed so that it only recognized mental illnesses that were clinically proven to cuase depression. There's little clinical study into gender dysphoria (because early study did not fit the narrative), so it had to be omitted by default.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

@Drak3 @RejZoR You are aware that the WHO has removed gender dysphoria from the list of mental disorders, right?

11 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Biological fact makes me right. Scientific understanding makes me right.

Your understanding doesn't, actually. You seem to have a rather basic understanding of biology, and that chromosomes are "perfect" when in reality they aren't. How about if we get into some university-level biology instead of sticking to elementary-level biology, hmm?

You can have segments of the Y chromosome recombine into the X chromosome, which results in male differential genes in a female genome. In addition, The Y chromosome encodes for the function of female hormone blockers during development before birth. If these genes mutate (which does happen) this can lead to abnormal sex development, which in turn leads to another situation where your chromosomes don't properly determine if you're a man or a woman. In addition, it's frequent for people to have XXY and XXX genomes due to genes duplicating incorrectly, XXY leading to female body plan development with male genitalia. There's also rarer cases, such as XXXY. This is what causes gender dysphoria; it's not your mind playing "tricks" on you, it's your hormones being completely out of whack. Hence why it got delisted from being a mental disorder, because it's literally not a mental disorder or "special snowflakes" "feeling" they're different, it's your body not developing right. Calling it "mental illness" and "delusion" is scientifically incorrect, plain and simple.

Here's my sources:

http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/19/11/1376.short

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00356023

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0092867487906374

https://www.nature.com/articles/183302a0

https://obgyn.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0223(199704)17:4<363::AID-PD79>3.0.CO;2-O

Also, if you don't know what pronouns someone goes by, here's some advice: just use "they/them" when unsure. Yes, those are singular as plural. It's been like that for centuries.

Nowie, out.

Just now, Nowak said:

Don't care. They're not infallible either, nor does their decision hold up to scrutiny.

3 minutes ago, Nowak said:

You seem to have a rather basic understanding of biology, and that chromosomes are "perfect" when in reality they aren't. How about if we get into some university-level biology instead of sticking to elementary-level biology, 

How about we ignore the fringe case of intersex, which is still distinct from gender dysphoria.

Because your sources don't support transgenderism, they explore the intersex phenomina that is rarer than gender dysphoria.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

How about we ignore the fringe case of intersex, which is still distinct from gender dysphoria.

Because your sources don't support transgenderism, they explore the intersex phenomina that is rarer than gender dysphoria.

Mutations in chromosomes can also result in gender dysphoria, you know. It can also result in hormonal imbalances, which is what causes gender dysphoria. Good job ignoring my point, though.

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

Mutations in chromosomes can also result in gender dysphoria, you know. It can also result in hormonal imbalances, which is what causes gender dysphoria.

Now we have two cuases for gender dysphoria, not a counter argument.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Now we have two cuases for gender dysphoria, not a counter argument.

So what's the other cause for gender dysphoria?

So what's the other cause for gender dysphoria?

1. Deflection.
  2. As clinical study into this mental illness is staggered by politics, there's no concrete way of knowing right now.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:
  1. Deflection.
  2. As clinical study into this mental illness is staggered by politics, there's no concrete way of knowing right now.
  1. You said there's "two" established causes. I was asking for the other cause.
  2. Alright. Side note, I know that people like bringing up that gender research that the Nazis burned in the 1930s, but considering some of the sciences that were popular at the time (namely eugenics) I wonder how reliable that lost knowledge is.

Just now, Nowak said:

You said there's "two" established causes. I was asking for the other cause.

I never said that. I said that your non argument was just two causes of this mental illness.

2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Alright. Side note, I know that people like bringing up that gender research that the Nazis burned in the 1930s, but considering some of the sciences that were popular at the time (namely eugenics) I wonder how reliable that lost knowledge is.

The Transgender community (at least those who know of this) love John Money's study into the matter because the preliminary results were positive to their . However, the end result was not, it was quite detrimental.

And most of us that stand by gender dysphoria being a mental illness and the delusion resulting from it should not be encouraged also want new studies, new information, particularly into the high attempted suicide rate that only occurs  in two areas:

Severe mental illness

Genecidal/highly oppressive eras.

Because dysphoria sufferers are definitely not part of the latter.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I never said that. I said that your non argument was just two causes of this mental illness.

Could you please stop calling it a "mental illness" when it's related to hormones and not mentality?

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

And most of us that stand by gender dysphoria being a mental illness and the delusion resulting from it should not be encouraged also want new studies, new information, particularly into the high attempted suicide rate that only occurs  in two areas:

Severe mental illness

Genecidal/highly oppressive eras.

Because dysphoria sufferers are definitely not part of the latter.

From what I've seen, the high suicide rate seems to largely stem from trans people being denied their identity and the ability to transition. Discouraging trans people from transitioning and calling it "delusion" isn't helping.

Anyway, what is this thread again?

Could you please stop calling it a "mental illness" when it's related to hormones and not mentality?

No, because hormones effect (and partially are) mentality.

2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

From what I've seen, the high suicide rate seems to largely stem from trans people being denied their identity and the ability to transition. 

That's irrelevant to the attempted suicide rate. It remains 40% regardless of pre op, post op, passing, not passing, or communal reaction.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

That's irrelevant to the attempted suicide rate. It remains 40% regardless of pre op, post op, passing, not passing, or communal reaction.

Alright, then that warrants clinical study. Transphobia definitely doesn't seem to help at all tho.

Just now, Nowak said:

Alright, then that warrants clinical study. Transphobia definitely doesn't seem to help at all tho.

Transphobia isn't a thing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Transphobia isn't a thing.

[citation needed]

On 3/18/2019 at 3:14 AM, Stefan Payne said:

Yeah, exactly. because if you always accept other's Position, you can't ban anti-vaccers - wich will only prove them right and cause the opposite of what YOU want. And if you ban their oppinion, what's next?? Who is next??

I really wish you had the ability to understand what it was you were arguing.   You always misrepresent what I am saying, in fact you do it so blatantly it's hard to tell if you truly understand anything in these discussions.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 hours ago, Nowak said:

@Drak3 @RejZoR 

Also, if you don't know what pronouns someone goes by, here's some advice: just use "they/them" when unsure. Yes, those are singular as plural. It's been like that for centuries.

Nowie, out.

And that most trans people get mad by being called a the wrong pronoun is a myth. I know multiple trans people via internet, and none of them really cares if they are called he or she. At least that's my experience. I just asked them and they said they don't really care.

Btw, another option is just using their name instead of pronouns.

-Stephen Hawking

7 hours ago, leadeater said:

a0xJKJR.png

Reveal hidden contents

ZFsoKxm.gif

I don't know why I kept helping it go off track when it's seem to be impossible to change the wrong stuff the other person thinks anyway. 

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Mihle said:

I don't know why I kept helping it go off track when it's seem to be impossible to change the wrong stuff the other person thinks anyway. 

You’ve failed to explain how I was wrong, just made the same statement repeatedly and made the appeal to authority fallacy. Your initial statement doesn’t hold up to scrutiny, and your last reply ended with a personal attack.

And this one is a weak attamp at assassination of character as you’re just accusing me of wrong think.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

On 3/14/2019 at 1:37 AM, Ruckus42 said:

Dissenter allows you to comment on any web page, anywhere, anytime, regardless.

So it's basically a troll honeypot? So anyone willing to throw their rageposts into the ocean of internet oblivion can do so even for sites without comment sections? Good, hopefully it keeps them off everywhere else. After all, that's what every comment section in every website has always been: a way to waste trolls' time (I think "engagement" is the euphemism used :P)

So if you think turning off comments on your YouTube video is effective, it's not.

It is. You can comment on a video in this new platform? Great, but you could already comment videos everywhere you wanted. You could come to this forum and create a post about a video you love or dislike in the off-topic section (within CS, but you can always go somewhere else). It doesn't change the fact that disabled comments won't show for anyone not willingly using this platform, nor influence Youtube's algorithm, so no, turning comments off is as effective as it always was.

. [W]hen you have comments sections people can communicate with each other. Someone might be a Trump supporter and someone might say they hate Trump, but then they interact and they realize the other person's not that bad."

:D <insert "cool story, bro" meme>

“Dissenter launches at a time when comment sections are no longer available on every mainstream news site and blog, YouTube is shutting down comment sections while also demonetizing channels over their comment sections and social media censorship is the worst it has ever been”

So I see the public service angle: websites are blindly dismantling our decentralized network of troll-time-wasting traps, so someone with a global vision had to step in to keep trolls safely trapped at their keyboards. It's not the hero we wanted, it's the hero we needed ?