8.1 screwed up, big time

MG2R
Go to solution Solved by MG2R,

Apparantly, Autodesk Inventor isn't compatible with 8.1 and causes the explorer.exe crashes even when not running. Uninstalled it for now. Will have to go back to 8, though, I need Inventor more than I need Spark.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/windows-81-explorer-keeps/af8c567b-3f9b-4575-8d81-0ac4a68a8084

Thanks for your help, guys!

What programs/processes are running before explorer.exe crashes? It's probably one process that is causing it to crash, trial and error by ending a 3rd party process one at a time until explorer stops crashing. It's most likely a antivirus program.

Did you see that the thread has already been answered?

Did you see that the thread has already been answered?

Uh ya i posted that prior to the thread being answered on Jan 19 1:46PMest and OP resolved issue few minutes later at 2:00PMest..

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4200 | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600 | GPU: Evga GTX 660 TI x2 SLI | Case: Corsair C70 | Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung 830 126GB SSD, Kingston V300 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX850 | Display(s): ASUS 2ms 24inch 1920x1080 | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 13 | Mouse: Razer Naga 13 

Uh ya i posted that prior to the thread being answered on Jan 19 1:46PMest and OP resolved issue few minutes later at 2:00PMest..

Apologies, I quoted the wrong user.