corsair commander pro fans ports not running?

charbel1011

after switching to a new setup like i got a new motherboard a cpu and a psu. my commander pro fan ports are not running no more. i tried to submit a ticket for a new commander pro thinking its defective. i got the new one and still same problem. i can recognize my commander pro in icue but the fans are not spinning at all. they lightup but they dont spin

Probably stating the obvious here but are you sure that you have plugged in your fans correctly bot into the Commander Pro and then into the motherboard using the correct cables?

Could you post a photo of the fan connection in the commander pro and one with the USB connection to the motherboard?

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

12 minutes ago, Findiculous said:

Probably stating the obvious here but are you sure that you have plugged in your fans correctly bot into the Commander Pro and then into the motherboard using the correct cables?

Could you post a photo of the fan connection in the commander pro and one with the USB connection to the motherboard?

i swear i plugged everything like last time i did. i dont know what to do. corsair technical support cant do nothing to me i called them. i have the fans connected to the commander pro and the other cable to the rgb hub. i have 2 4 pins fans and 3 3 pins fans. before i switched to this setup my commander pro was working perfectly fine.

44 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

i swear i plugged everything like last time i did. i dont know what to do. corsair technical support cant do nothing to me i called them. i have the fans connected to the commander pro and the other cable to the rgb hub. i have 2 4 pins fans and 3 3 pins fans. before i switched to this setup my commander pro was working perfectly fine.

this is all i can recommend without pictures:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk

5th Hard Disk
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

19 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

LEDs are working? Do fans work when connected directly to mobo?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

LEDs are working? Do fans work when connected directly to mobo?

yes and yes. and the problem has been solved. the commander pro didn't like the cablemod sata cable i had. for some unknown reason. and when i tried the original sata cable that came with the psu my commander fired up. so the problem must be either sata cable from cable mod is dropping in voltage or dead joint on the end of the sata. so what i did i took all the cablemod kit and threw it in a box and i installed the original cables from my psu and everything is working fine. i dont wanna have a headache thinking one of my components is not getting enough power or dropping in voltage. yeah looks for the cables are important but dropping in voltage is not a joke.im sooo dissappointed in cablemod to be honest im never gonna buy another cables from third party sellers. original is the best.