Is it EVEN possible to reduce storage capacity?

ImInHugeTrouble

So I bought a sony ux543f for recording voice during meeting and it has very low capacity. So I bought a micro sd card which has 128GB storage. I put it in but the device doesnt recognize the microsd. I look up in the manual it says it only support up to 64GB of micro sd card.

Is it possible to reduce the size of my Micro SD card down to 64GB?

Yes buy a 64GB MSD.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

Just now, ImInHugeTrouble said:

So I bought a sony ux543f for recording voice during meeting and it has very low capacity. So I bought a micro sd card which has 128GB storage. I put it in but the device doesnt recognize the microsd. I look up in the manual it says it only support up to 64GB of micro sd card.

Is it possible to reduce the size of my Micro SD card down to 64GB?

You might be able to partition the MicroSD, but it still might not recognize it.

One of my backup programs, an earlier paid version of Macrium Reflect, can't make bootable media on any USB flash drive (thumb drive) over 4GB. It's difficult to find quality 4GB USB 2.0 drives and impossible to find quality USB 3.0 drives smaller than 16GB. I had a bunch of older 8GB Kingston USb 3.0 drives so I shrank the partition in each one of eight of the drives down to 3.8GB (it showed up afterwards as 3.78GB) using the free version Minitool Partition Wizard. Granted, it galled me to no end to reduce the capacity of those thumb drives but it worked like a champ (and I got over it).

I see no reason why you can't do the same with your card.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!