Corsair K70 gummetal/cherry mx blue

iceballfunela

Hey guys, I don't do many reviews so please don't expect a well done review but I want to add to this awesome forum, so lets do this.

The corsair K70 has many useful features without adding things that you would never ever use like backlight which is still good even if you are an elitist touch typer who does not need to look at their keyboard ever because it makes the keyboard look awesome and the blue backlight on mine contrast well on the gunmetal aluminium plating. Its also very vibrant and bright and on full brightness, you will never want to take your eyes off it. Its just that good. I couldn't get any sleep last night because I just wanted to keep on typing on this beast forever, mine had the cherry mx blue switch which is the clicky and tactile one with 55g of actuation force which is pretty close to the actuation force normal shitty rubber domes, but keep in mind, it WILL and I repeat, WILL annoy many people, so keep that in mind if you type near somebody. Next is the media controls. It is just way way too awesome. I can just it is really really helpful and I love it. When I'm listening to music or when I am watching a youtube video, the volume controls are a blessing because I don't need to go and change it in the taskbar, it is just much easier. Next is the lighting modes. There are a few, off, and 3 different setting of brightness. which is pretty handy if you don't want to keep the backlight on all the time, or when you think the brightness of the LEDs are too high. However, the brightness on the windows lock key, mute button, and media controls are quite dim and cannot be changed. so thats a bummer but you won't be using that as much as your qwerty keyboard so that is very minor. 1 minor thing that has been distracting me is that the numlock, caps lock and scroll lock indicator is white and I my myself feel that is a little annoying that Corsair didn;t go with a blue LED for that but its very minor and may not affect you. Also, Corsair has included an easter egg. If you press the button beside the brightness setting button and ctrl together, you will get a reactive lighting mode. but this reactive lighting mode isn't as cool as say the ducky shine 3's reactive lighting mode as it only turns on and on rather than fade on and fade away slowly which is a little disappointing but its there if you want it. though I'll imagine people won't use the reactive lighting mode. Another thing they included is the replacement keycaps for 1,2,3,4,5,6,w,a,s,d. Though these are more for gaming because the keys are contoured for FPS gaming. they feel nice and have the same texture as the spacebar, its a nice touch(+1 for pun lol) but I never used it because I prefer the smooth surface of the normal keycaps. I also have not experienced a difference in my quite honestly average gaming abilities. Also, this is only useful in like Dota 2 or LoL because lets face it, we never use the numbers for switching weps. Another thing is that they included a wristrest which isn't one of those cheap plastic ones you see on a cheap logitech membrane. Its a nice soft touch one which had some heft to it and the securing mechanism is quite secure though I don't think its as good as the k95 one. Last but not least, the usb passthrough. Its a nice feature but I don't like it personally because I use a 17 inch laptop in front of me and I can hardly route it anywhere but if you a desktop, its a good and useful feature. The build quality is just outstanding. its just B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!!! I love it. I had a similar finish in my ASUS G75 but more high quality IMO. It goes well with the black keycaps and the build quality is awesome. The corsair k70 is a fabulous keyboard with a fantastic pricepoint to go with the loads of features ans should be the first keybaord on anyone's list of mechanical keyboard.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Woops, sorry for the blank space.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Woops, sorry for the blank space.

You're lucky to get a k70 blue. 

It's nice, if you want to make your review more appealing add some pictures. At the moment it's a clump of text that is hard to read.

Overall quite a good review!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

You're lucky to get a k70 blue. 

It's nice, if you want to make your review more appealing add some pictures. At the moment it's a clump of text that is hard to read.

Overall quite a good review!

ASUS ROG G75VX

Nice review.. i'd buy a corsair keyboard if it were available when i build my pc..

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS