Possible RTX 2060 GPU Failure?

Mikko.Suave

I recently had a problem with my new RTX 2060 Graphics card. It won’t turn on at all but, the system posts and the hard drive boots up. The graphic cards fans don’t spin and the light up logo on the front doesn’t come on. I was told by a few people that it’s a problem with the card it’s self. I need reassurance that that’s what the problem is so I don’t take it back for no reason. ALSO my GTX 1060 6gb works just fine! 

Specs

Ryzen 7 1800x 

B350 Thomahawk Motherboard 

CX 650 M PSU 

16GB OF 3200mhz RAM 

Reseat card in mobo and also power connectors into the card and power supply.  Make sure they are fully seated.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

8 hours ago, Purgent said:

Reseat card in mobo and also power connectors into the card and power supply.  Make sure they are fully seated.

I’ve tried several times and no luck. I had  a nvidia card prior so it should at least turn on. I double checked and made sure that it was in all the way and that the PCIe cord was plugged in all the way. Did the same with my 1060 6gb and it came on just fine. 

• 4 months later...

Initially i had the same problem with RTX 2060 gamining OC as you. I changed the slot of PCI-e and then worked perfeclty for some days. Then it turned off the did not power up. I changed the power cords/cables inside and put my pc on a UPS and now it works fine !

My system : Supermicro X11DPL-i

Dual XEON Platinum 8160

RAM : 64 GB ECC

W10 Pro

1200W Monolith PSU