Cheap way to get legit copy of windows 10?

Doovid

The only legal and legit way to get Windows is by buying a Windows license and then install Windows on a box and enter the product key from your license.

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's not when you think of value coming out of it. Compare to CPU or motherboard price. OS gives you 5-10 years minimum usage $13-30/year starts to sound like a bargain compared with $20+/year you get with hardware.

here's a question, what if you have legacy hardware, hardware that doesn't support a "current" version of windows. To my knowledge Microsoft doesn't make a version "free" after end of life. So how dose one continue to use this hardware?

I would also like to point out that windows is legally free if the device has a screen smaller than 9 inches, for tablets and stuff.

Not to rant, even though that's exactly what I'm doing, but what are developing countries supposed to do? suppose they have a bunch of computers that were donated, sure there's Ubuntu, created exactly for this reason, but if most of 'industry' uses windows, how dose gaining experience on this platform help?

Bill gates the humanitarian that he is, surly understands how limiting 'the masses' accesses to knowledge and information negatively impacts development among society. Why dose he still chose to copy protect something so important?

Sure buying windows is great, but is copy protection for operating systems really a good thing?

39 minutes ago, slashqpbyte said:

here's a question, what if you have legacy hardware, hardware that doesn't support a "current" version of windows. To my knowledge Microsoft doesn't make a version "free" after end of life. So how dose one continue to use this hardware?

Second hand selling is a thing, more so with older Windows versions as those don't call home for activation. There's difference between second hand and grey markets. One being for older stuff which isn't available, or isn't used by current owner (with Win8 and newer key locks to mobo or Microsoft account, so thats not a thing). And the other being violation of some part of MS ToS. Usually OEM partner agreement.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, DrTesla said:

The only legal and legit way to get Windows is by buying a Windows license and then install Windows on a box and enter the product key from your license.

No

Just don’t activate it lmao, really no point in doing so.