Cheap way to get legit copy of windows 10?

Doovid

i just don't want to drop $100 on it

3 minutes ago, Doovid said:

look really really hard.

1 minute ago, slashqpbyte said:

look really really hard.

like i found some places i just dont know if theyre legit or not

Kinguine and old Windows 7 keys. Windows 7 keys still activate Windows 10 because Microsoft is a joke. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

7 minutes ago, Doovid said:

The great Paul speaks of the kindom of kinguin as a source for cheap keys, he also gives these words of warning, ymmv

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, Doovid said:

like i found some places i just dont know if theyre legit or not

If you "found" it on your own, like in a desk drawer, try to install it under a virtual machine, this will sandbox it for testing.

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

The great Paul speaks of the kindom of kinguin as a source for cheap keys, he also gives these words of warning, ymmv

so kinguin is the place?

12 minutes ago, Doovid said:

is windows 10 really 100 bucks?

Reddit microsoft software swap is reliable.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, slashqpbyte said:

is windows 10 really 100 bucks?

Windows 10 Home OEM edition retails for $109 but can currently be found for $100 on most retail sites.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Razor Blade said:

Windows 10 Home OEM edition retails for $109 but can currently be found for $100 on most retail sites.

your kidding! man.... brutal.

2 minutes ago, slashqpbyte said:

your kidding! man....

Also that is for OEM. This means no support from Microsoft and license (technically) can't be transferred to a new PC once you do install and use it. If you want a retail copy of Windows 10 Home you need to cough up the $139 instead.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, slashqpbyte said:

If you "found" it on your own, like in a desk drawer, try to install it under a virtual machine, this will sandbox it for testing.

But then he can't use the key again lmaoao.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

1 minute ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

But then he can't use the key again lmaoao.

that's weird, the stuff I find in my desk drawer always works. Guess I have a magic desk.

Also that is for OEM. This means no support from Microsoft and license (technically) can't be transferred to a new PC. If you want a retail copy of Windows 10 Home you need to cough up the $139 instead.

Not true, you can purchase retail keys. Most websites list OEM and Retail keys as OEM or Retail, SCDkeys and Kinguin do so if I recall correctly.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Not true, you can purchase retail keys. Most websites list OEM and Retail keys as OEM or Retail, SCDkeys and Kinguin do so if I recall correctly.

Those are gray market websites. I was talking about retail websites.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Just now, Razor Blade said:

Those are gray market websites

We just had a massive argument about this on another thread, I bought a retail key through one of them and had to troubleshoot an issue wherein I called microsoft directly and they helped me without a problem. Tired of seeing this gray market argument, it's not worth it to spend 140 USD on a home edition of Win10 when it's free.

The Louvre

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

We just had a massive argument about this on another thread, I bought a retail key through one of them and had to troubleshoot an issue wherein I called microsoft directly and they helped me without a problem. Tired of seeing this gray market argument, it's not worth it to spend 140 USD on a home edition of Win10 when it's free.

Who's arguing? Read what I said. I said nothing about gray market websites or keys in my post. Those sites sell keys, they don't sell boxed retail copies of Windows 10 which is what I was referring to.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Who's arguing? Read what I said. I said nothing about gray market websites or keys in my post. Those sites sell keys, they don't sell boxed retail copies of Windows 10 which is what I was referring to.

It doesn't matter if they're boxed, they listed as retail and are applied as a retail key. In the eyes of microsoft they're retail not OEM.

The Louvre

5 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

It doesn't matter if they're boxed, they listed as retail and are applied as a retail key. In the eyes of microsoft they're retail not OEM.

What are you even talking about? Did I say it mattered? Or did I try to argue there was some difference between gray market and retail market? I must have missed that

All I said is I wasn't talking about gray market keys. You're the one that brought it up.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

YARR HARR FIDDLE DEE DEE

Don't mind me. Don't pirate. Just minding my own business over here. Multinational corporations and all that stuff, they still deserve to get payed for their hard work...

#ACBlackFlag

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

1 hour ago, SwagMaestro said:

YARR HARR FIDDLE DEE DEE

Don't mind me. Don't pirate. Just minding my own business over here. Multinational corporations and all that stuff, they still deserve to get payed for their hard work...

#ACBlackFlag 

I'm confused, so your "against pirating", right? *winks*

It would be a shame if someone used a plain text cipher, maybe one that rotated 13 times, to encrypt some keys.

FbeelSbyxfAbArlfUrerZnlorLbhFubhyqGelCnfgrovaQBGpbz

4 hours ago, slashqpbyte said:

your kidding! man.... brutal.

It's not when you think of value coming out of it. Compare to CPU or motherboard price. OS gives you 5-10 years minimum usage $13-30/year starts to sound like a bargain compared with $20+/year you get with hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv