SD Card died after file transfer canceled?

Dudefoxlive

Hi, I am helping a friend out with recovering data from an SD Card. They were moving things off their phone and they canceled the transfer just as it started and now nothing is reading the contents of the card. I have tried using linux to read the card and have also tried running chkdsk to no avail. What else can i do to attempt to repair this card? when you plug it in the card takes a good few minuets to appear in Windows but does not show any partitions. Disk Management also does not seem to load either when the card i in the computer.

Unfortunately if even Linux can't see the card, by my experience, you WILL have to format the card. Also, windows older than 10 such as win7 cannot see partitions on SD cards. They require software like EASEUS Partition Master. After formatting, try downloading Recuva from Piriform and recovering the card. Wait for other replies too and dont rely on my comment only. 

Good Luck

2 minutes ago, Arsenious said:

Unfortunately if even Linux can't see the card, by my experience, you WILL have to format the card. Also, windows older than 10 such as win7 cannot see partitions on SD cards. They require software like EASEUS Partition Master. After formatting, try downloading Recuva from Piriform and recovering the card. Wait for other replies too and dont rely on my comment only. 

Good Luck

This is what i was afraid of. Well im running out of options.

2 minutes ago, Dudefoxlive said:

This is what i was afraid of. Well im running out of options.

I'm sorry but this is from my experience too. I had to do the same thing to get my card alive again as they were freaking expensive back then (16GB in 2012).

Wish you peace brother! 

Just now, Arsenious said:

I'm sorry but this is from my experience too. I had to do the same thing to get my card alive again as they were freaking expensive back then (16GB in 2012).

Wish you peace brother! 

Also, if the card is still not recognized after formatting, or not at all, try formatting using Android. Then card would become visible then format again with windows fat32 for below 32gb card. Peace!