New AMD Radeon RX 550X, 2GB (laptop)

Baterka

Does anybody have already some numbers or real compare of the "new" laptop RX 550X (2GB) and some others same tier laptop GPUs like MX150 or GTX1050?

I found it in new Edge Thinkpad and I want to know real performance of this GPU before I consider buy (https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/E590/p/22TP2TEE590)

Website programmer & Electrician & PC HW lover!

I was researching it, because i considered buying the e480 thinkpad, and it is a difficult question.

With the first bios, the performance was a bit better than mx150, but the cooling wasn't up to par, so the laptop got very hot, like very very, and it was super loud, even at idle the fan was on.

So with the newest bios they "fixed it", now the rx550 in the e480 is a bit better than intel integrated graphics.

But that was with the e x80 series, hopefully the e590 and e490 have fixed that problem, and then the performance would be on par with the mx150.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 hour ago, Baterka said:

RX 550X

Performance between MX150 and 1050

Take a look at @Origami Cactus comment, well explained

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

I was researching it, because i considered buying the e480 thinkpad, and it is a difficult question.

With the first bios, the performance was a bit better than mx150, but the cooling wasn't up to par, so the laptop got very hot, like very very, and it was super loud, even at idle the fan was on.

So with the newest bios they "fixed it", now the rx550 in the e480 is a bit better than intel integrated graphics.

But that was with the e x80 series, hopefully the e590 and e490 have fixed that problem, and then the performance would be on par with the mx150.

I don't think so they fixed it because what I see  550X have much higher TDP. 

Also bit better is not enough :( Its same as with MX150 and MX250... Looks like they just did some fw update but they are same cards

Website programmer & Electrician & PC HW lover!

1 hour ago, Baterka said:

I don't think so they fixed it because what I see  550X have much higher TDP. 

Also bit better is not enough :( Its same as with MX150 and MX250... Looks like they just did some fw update but they are same cards

im not talking about the 550x, the normal 550 should be on par with mx150.

550x should be faster.

As i said the thinkpad e480 and 580 technically can provide the power to the card, but they slowed the card down with newer drivers due to overheating issues. 

But best wait for the reviews! 

From this review it seems that the graphics card is full speed:

https://www.pc-on.co.uk/lenovo-thinkpad-e590-review/

Graphics score is 5 233, while

mx150 is only 4139:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12322397

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.