New cheap build for $200/£200 but can it game?

Dijon

Sooo basically In a few months time I am gonna build my first every PC, with brand new parts from Amazon with warrenty. And because I'm well 15, Im gonna be in a state where Im gonna study my ass off for another few years, till I get into Uni. So In 3 months, after the holidays and exams I will have exactly £200 hopefully. I was a PS3 user but I found that PC gaming was just amazing agasint console and better in many ways, plus I have always wanted to make my own Gaming PC, I think everyone had the excitment to do so when at my age. Anyways because of my budget I new straight away that in the UK, I would not have been able to buy a new prebuilt PC brand new, no chance. I can buy a used Gaming PC on ebay and such but one they dont have warrenty and two, I really do wanna build my first PC. I want to use new parts only from amazon as I trust them and I have Amazon prime so next day delivery would be great. Used parts I dont like because, they have no warrenty and I dont have the money to replace them if something goes wrong, plus Amazon has a 30 day return policy, which is great for me. I did my research and in theory these parts should all be compatible and also this build should be good enough for now. I wanna play games like, (bare in mind I have never played them before because my PC is well, crap, will sell it soon, contribution to the build) GTA V, Rainbow Six Siege, Fortnite and Alien Isolation (really wanna play Alien Isolation) at least at 720p medium settings 30 FPS, at least. But youtube videos are not helping me find the data I want so Im asking you guys, what FPS do you think I will get with these parts?

These are the parts:

CPU: AMD Athlon A8 9600 APU (Is not great but for the price point not bad?)

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H (this mobo is future proof, meaning, I can get a GTX 1050 Ti and a AMD Ryzen 2200G or 2400G in the future which will be my plan)

RAM: Patriot Memory Signature Line DDR4 4GB 2400MHz (will this up to 16GB in the future)

PSU: In Win IP-S350T1-0 350Watts (Its quite but maybe you guys can recommend me another?)

STORAGE: WD 320GB hard drive

CASE: ROSEWILL SRM-01 (cheap but idk reviews on it are not so bad)

Im new to PC building so any help would be appreciated, but what do you guys think, did I do my research well or, Im a complete noob?

well your current PC may be crap, and this will be too. I would look into what you have now and throwing some upgrades at that instead

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Not really. Maybe some TF2 or CSGO? Fortnite might work since that thing will run on a brick, but I'm completely unsure about the other three games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Go on eBay, find a used Dell optiplex system with a 4th gen or newer i5 or hopefully i7 and add in a cheap used gpu like a 750ti

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Dijon said:

this mobo is future proof,

Well, it's not future proof, it can be upgraded. Problem is, if you settle for half measures all the time, you won't be able to take advantage of that.

7 minutes ago, Dijon said:

Used parts I dont like because, they have no warrenty and I dont have the money to replace them if something goes wrong,

In your budget position, you may not have a choice. Used is amazing value, even without warranty.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Dijon said:

Sooo basically In a few months time I am gonna build my first every PC, with brand new parts from Amazon with warrenty. And because I'm well 15, Im gonna be in a state where Im gonna study my ass off for another few years, till I get into Uni. So In 3 months, after the holidays and exams I will have exactly £200 hopefully. I was a PS3 user but I found that PC gaming was just amazing agasint console and better in many ways, plus I have always wanted to make my own Gaming PC, I think everyone had the excitment to do so when at my age. Anyways because of my budget I new straight away that in the UK, I would not have been able to buy a new prebuilt PC brand new, no chance. I can buy a used Gaming PC on ebay and such but one they dont have warrenty and two, I really do wanna build my first PC. I want to use new parts only from amazon as I trust them and I have Amazon prime so next day delivery would be great. Used parts I dont like because, they have no warrenty and I dont have the money to replace them if something goes wrong, plus Amazon has a 30 day return policy, which is great for me. I did my research and in theory these parts should all be compatible and also this build should be good enough for now. I wanna play games like, (bare in mind I have never played them before because my PC is well, crap, will sell it soon, contribution to the build) GTA V, Rainbow Six Siege, Fortnite and Alien Isolation (really wanna play Alien Isolation) at least at 720p medium settings 30 FPS, at least. But youtube videos are not helping me find the data I want so Im asking you guys, what FPS do you think I will get with these parts?

These are the parts:

CPU: AMD Athlon A8 9600 APU (Is not great but for the price point not bad?)

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H (this mobo is future proof, meaning, I can get a GTX 1050 Ti and a AMD Ryzen 2200G or 2400G in the future which will be my plan)

RAM: Patriot Memory Signature Line DDR4 4GB 2400MHz (will this up to 16GB in the future)

PSU: In Win IP-S350T1-0 350Watts (Its quite but maybe you guys can recommend me another?)

STORAGE: WD 320GB hard drive

CASE: ROSEWILL SRM-01 (cheap but idk reviews on it are not so bad)

Im new to PC building so any help would be appreciated, but what do you guys think, did I do my research well or, Im a complete noob?

If you have to buy new, I just made a build myself very similar to this!

I'm getting 55 or so FPS on League of Legends max settings and about 40-45 FPS on Fortnite lowest settings at 1920x1200. See my videos here:

Here's another video  that shows performance in many more games (this one is not mine):

I would get the B450 motherboard over the A320 because on the A320 you can not overclock.

10 minutes ago, TunaHead said:

If you have to buy new, I just made a build myself very similar to this!

It works for USD but maybe not for pound

Although if OP stretches the budget a bit it is probably fine.

Edit: this list uses an updated version of the power supply, it's better

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

if he was to go brand new i would rather pick up a 200ge for the vega 3 igpu

but used exists, get a nice optiplex or other older machine, slap in something like a used 390x or 970 and have much more fun

Edited by LukeSavenije

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

if he was to go brand new i would rather pick up a 200ge for the vega 3 igpu

Stretching the budget by 25% does immense good for this build, I'd say this is a baseline if it can be helped:

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i would rather pick up a 200ge for the ryzen 3

Depends. The GPU in the A6/A8 is definitely faster (see the Witcher 3 in the video below). The CPU is better though. So for CPU bound games the 200GE wins and for GPU bound the A6/A8 wins

3 minutes ago, TunaHead said:

Depends. The GPU in the A6/A8 is definitely faster (see the Witcher 3 in the video below). The CPU is better though. So for CPU bound games the 200GE wins and for GPU bound the A6/A8 wins

Since OP seems upgrade minded, I'd be inclined to recommend the graphics sacrifice in favor of CPU power because a cheap graphics card later would require no CPU swap 

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, TunaHead said:

and it's a 35 vs 65 watt cpu...

and a second hand option like a 3770 with a 390x would absolutely destroy both

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

and a second hand option like a 3770 with a 390x would absolutely destroy both

Well, yeah, no one's arguing that. The OP set the rules that he wants new only though. I'm just following those rules :P I'm not gonna be that guy that tries to convince him otherwise. 

44 minutes ago, Dijon said:

Sooo basically In a few months time

By the way, this is reeeeally significant. In a few months, new Ryzen CPUs will be out, not only making these current ones being discussed cheaper but also dropping new options. You should make an updated question then, with a new budget and outlook.

one more parts list for variety's sake

Edited by fasauceome

Primary PC:

@Dijon If you wanted to go used you could get this Dell Workstation with Intel Xeon W3550 and 12GB of Ram but no HDD so also no windows for $80. Then buy these 2 items off of Amazon and just have a temporarily unactivated copy of windows. Then to counteract you not wanting to go used this system on eBay has a 30 day return policy so if it arrived broken then you can just return it and in the end all of these parts together though would only cost $189.98 and would be able to play most modern games at medium settings at 1080p.

12 minutes ago, Hotseff said:

temporarily unactivated

Why temporary? At this budget, just never activated it. Hell, I haven't activated it for years, and look at my rig.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Why temporary? At this budget, just never activated it. Hell, I haven't activated it for years, and look at my rig.

I just assumed that he is wanting an activated copy of windows hence why he added it to his build

1 minute ago, Hotseff said:

I just assumed that he is wanting an activated copy of windows hence why he added it to his build

Honestly even if OP did want it I would strongly recommend against it, unless there's an explicitly stated need for it

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Honestly even if OP did want it I would strongly recommend against it, unless there's an explicitly stated need for it

2 minutes ago, Hotseff said:

Oh well I think my dad will help me out on the activation Code once I install it, I dont want anything illegal if you get what I mean.

1 minute ago, Dijon said:

Oh well I think my dad will help me out on the activation Code once I install it, I dont want anything illegal if you get what I mean.

using windows without activating is not illegal. No key required.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

using windows without activating is not illegal. No key required.

Oh I know that I used to have it on Windows 7 just insurance y'know?

Just now, Dijon said:

Oh I know that I used to have it on Windows 7 just insurance y'know?

I guess. I'll just say that if a Windows key is reducing your possible budget for parts, the "insurance" is not worth it.

Primary PC:

Also about the budget thing, I may (and this is maybe not 100%) might be bale to do £250,but that is a stretch, unless I sell my phone and get my old emergency one which is a crappy, Samsung Galaxy s3

Just now, Dijon said:

Also about the budget thing, I may (and this is maybe not 100%) might be bale to do £250,but that is a stretch, unless I sell my phone and get my old emergency one which is a crappy, Samsung Galaxy s3

Is there literally no way to make some quick cash with work or something?

Primary PC:

6 hours ago, fasauceome said:

I guess. I'll just say that if a Windows key is reducing your possible budget for parts, the "insurance" is not worth it.

Oh yeah I get what you mean, I might as well. Also about the old part thing, I may sound spoilt but I really dont want used parts, if it was not the case I wouldnt be here XD

6 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Is there literally no way to make some quick cash with work or something?

For now no, unless I wait 2 and a half years till I get to Uni, then I can make some cash.