Looking to get info on what I can possibly downgrade from an unnecessary build

1. Budget & Location

realistically, about 2-2.5k CAD after tax, Ontario Canada

2. Aim

This build will be for gaming and streaming.  Mostly a lot of RPGs and some AAA titles I'm looking forward to: Apex Legends, CSGO, Sekiro, Division 2, World War Z are some of the games I plan on streaming/ playing in the future.

3. Monitors

Probably 2 with more monitors in the future. mostly 1080p but opened to 1440p and 144hz or 240hz

4. Peripherals

I have one 1080p 5ms monitor atm, willing to get into 144hz in the near future and 240 later on if necessary. no need for OS

5. Why are you upgrading?

running a pc i built about 2 years ago with the idea of doing a half-way build between a budget build and a "premium" build (for a lack of a better term). Plays games okay but bottlenecks quite a bit when I try to stream even simple games like dark souls remastered, etc. Looked into upgrading with "newer" parts but would end up having to buy a new cpu mobo and ram anyways. (am3 and ddr3).

I've had the most experience with using AMD, but I am opened to either or if it means a better "performance"

I have a list of what I would like to get if I could spend up to 2.5k, but wanted to see what you guys think would be overkill and what could be changed to save some money for a new 144 or 240hz monitor, etc. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Subrobox/saved/vY8nHx

alright, every single part there is incredibly overkill for what you said. most of those games will run on just about anything, and this pc is hovering in the ultra-high-end range. might be lacking a little bit in the cooling department. also, 240hz isn't worth it. but I need to ask. do you have a mechanical keyboard? do you have two monitors? do you need to pay rent? do you need to eat food? because all of those things I just listed are more important than an i9 and a 2080. as long as you don't need really good streaming quality, a 2070 and a slightly-less-overkill cpu would destroy that. ngl, my gtx 1080 and ryzen 2700x destroy that kind of thing. take a step back and think about what you really need. look at benchmarks. idk where you got all that money, but if you built a more reasonable pc, you could probably spend it on something better. like a fleshlight. or brownies. or both. 

or a lifetime supply of captain crunch cereal. 

or a used car. 

God I wish I had several thousand dollars

7 hours ago, adog312 said:

alright, every single part there is incredibly overkill for what you said. most of those games will run on just about anything, and this pc is hovering in the ultra-high-end range. might be lacking a little bit in the cooling department. also, 240hz isn't worth it. but I need to ask. do you have a mechanical keyboard? do you have two monitors? do you need to pay rent? do you need to eat food? because all of those things I just listed are more important than an i9 and a 2080. as long as you don't need really good streaming quality, a 2070 and a slightly-less-overkill cpu would destroy that. ngl, my gtx 1080 and ryzen 2700x destroy that kind of thing. take a step back and think about what you really need. look at benchmarks. idk where you got all that money, but if you built a more reasonable pc, you could probably spend it on something better. like a fleshlight. or brownies. or both. 

or a lifetime supply of captain crunch cereal. 

or a used car. 

God I wish I had several thousand dollars

I'm not gonna drop 2.5k all at once. The whole reason why I made this post is so I can get some insight on what parts I DON'T need and can downgrade with. unfortunately I can't get a 1080 by any means cause my local store doesn't carry it anymore, nor does the pricing on amazon/newegg justify me getting an older model when it's about the same price or 3x as much as the 2080s.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:34 AM, Srirachski said:

I'm not gonna drop 2.5k all at once. The whole reason why I made this post is so I can get some insight on what parts I DON'T need and can downgrade with. unfortunately I can't get a 1080 by any means cause my local store doesn't carry it anymore, nor does the pricing on amazon/newegg justify me getting an older model when it's about the same price or 3x as much as the 2080s.

I wasn't telling you to get a 1080. That card is last-gen, and there's no reason to buy it. A 2070 should be a little better than a 1080, that's the successor. 

I answered your original question. You need very few of those parts. Downgrade almost everything. Seriously, assuming you're not a big streamer, and you're not a millionaire, you can't justify buying that PC. You could EASILY build a PC that would get >100-200 fps in all those games for like 1000 bucks.