Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Like what title says my question is 

 

Can I pair Ryzen 5 2600 With RX 550 ? Currently Use ryzen 3 1200 , Plan to upgrade My Processor First Then GPU..Thanks For The Help

Link to post
Share on other sites

...why wouldn't you be able to?

Local dickhead and VHS collector who also has an unhealthy obsession with the 6th generation of consoles.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 94% (content loudness 0.6dB)

 

 

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

 

monchin moo dash

89mph!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the MB supports a CPU you can use it.

 

Gaming performance may not go up much though.  Maybe a bit less stuttering in a few select games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go 1700 since you have a  dedicated gpu 

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, unsungheroist said:

I would go 1700 since you have a  dedicated gpu 

Go to Ryzen 7 1700 Instead Of Ryzen 5 2600 ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KarathKasun said:

If the MB supports a CPU you can use it.

 

Gaming performance may not go up much though.  Maybe a bit less stuttering in a few select games.

Yeah im planing to upgrade my Cpu 1st then go to GPU , Thanks for Answering my question

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you will be wasting the Vega cores on that cpu as well also  I could be wrong but I think the 1800 is about the same price so it’ll be a lateral upgrade with very little out-of-pocket

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, handymanshandle said:

...why wouldn't you be able to?

I dont quite understand Computer part , So my friend told me That Ryzen 5 2600 would Bottleneck with My RX 550...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unsungheroist said:

Yes you will be wasting the Vega cores on that cpu as well also  I could be wrong but I think the 1800 is about the same price so it’ll be a lateral upgrade Was very little out-of-pocket

Okay Then , Thanks For the Advice gonna check the price 1st , Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zairros17 said:

I dont quite understand Computer part , So my friend told me That Ryzen 5 2600 would Bottleneck with My RX 550...

Err.

More powerful CPU = less CPU side bottleneck.

 

Also, I don't think any CPU would bottleneck an RX 550.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just scale back in the  product line from 1800 X until you get a price that you like  furthermore, buy used  To save even more dollars  such as from eBay 

Edited by unsungheroist

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go with 2nd gen ryzen, 2600. Just make sure your mobo has the latest bios. 6core-12thread of the ryzen 2600 should be enough for most tasks-games..

I think 2600 is very good choice for the money.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I'd go with 2nd gen ryzen, 2600. Just make sure your mobo has the latest bios. 6core-12thread of the ryzen 2600 should be enough for most tasks-games..

I think 2600 is very good choice for the money.

Thanks For the advice Bro 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

Just scale back in the  product line from 1800 X until you get a price that you like  furthermore, buy used  To save even more dollars  such as from eBay 

This is hard for me , i live in indonesia So if i buy from amazon or ebay I will got Tax Charge , haha , i prefer buying from my marketplace here , anyway thanks For the advice 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Err.

More powerful CPU = less CPU side bottleneck.

 

Also, I don't think any CPU would bottleneck an RX 550.

Oh , okay thanks for explaining , my friend doesn’t say it like that , haha , thats the reason im here now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zairros17 said:

Oh , okay thanks for explaining , my friend doesn’t say it like that , haha , thats the reason im here now 

Ditch the “friend” let us be your friends0e7.png

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zairros17 said:

Oh , okay thanks for explaining , my friend doesn’t say it like that , haha , thats the reason im here now 

 

There is always a bottleneck, its usually best if that is your GPU.  Reason being that the CPU is what has to handle all other misc tasks that are not graphics, like loading things, or communicating with the internet, or handling voice chat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

Ditch the “friend” let us be your friends0e7.png

Hahaha ? lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

 

There is always a bottleneck, its usually best if that is your GPU.  Reason being that the CPU is what has to handle all other misc tasks that are not graphics, like loading things, or communicating with the internet, or handling voice chat.

Oh okay ?, Right Now im just planing to Change my Procie and Mobo 1st , Then last is GPU 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zairros17 said:

Oh okay ?, Right Now im just planing to Change my Procie and Mobo 1st , Then last is GPU 

 What motherboard are you on?  If it’s good enough It can handle the ryzen 7

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

Yes you will be wasting the Vega cores on that cpu as well

Vega cores? Nothing in this post has anything Vega. 

 

1 hour ago, Zairros17 said:

Currently Use ryzen 3 1200 , Plan to upgrade My Processor First Then GPU..Thanks For The Help

Do you need an upgrade right now? If not, I would wait a couple more months for Zen 2 to be released. But if you need an upgrade today, I would get the 2600 over the 1700 because of the small single core performance boost and the better memory controller. Which means better compatibility with more ram. 

And if you get the 2600, make sure to update your motherboard's bios if it is a B350/X370 board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

 What motherboard are you on?  If it’s good enough It can handle the ryzen 7

Right Now My Mb is Asus A320M , So im gonna upgrade it To Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X , So Basically im buying bundle with Procie for $354 In your currency 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FrostBittn said:

Vega cores? Nothing in this post has anything Vega. 

 

Do you need an upgrade right now? If not, I would wait a couple more months for Zen 2 to be released. But if you need an upgrade today, I would get the 2600 over the 1700 because of the small single core performance boost and the better memory controller. Which means better compatibility with more ram. 

And if you get the 2600, make sure to update your motherboard's bios if it is a B350/X370 board.

Im planning To upgrade My Motherboard To X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X , And yeah I dont Quite need to upgrade My PC Fast actually... And Is Zen 2 different from Ryzen 3000 series that will be released too ?

Edited by Zairros17
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Zairros17 said:

 And Is Zen 2 different from Ryzen 3000 series that will be released too ?

Zen 2 is the Ryzen 3000 series, sorry I should have clarified.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×