My GPU temps got higher after new build

AvilonX

Hi all, Thanks for taking the time to read.

I recently got a new PC as my older one died on me. It was a 4770k with a 1080ti auros extreme. 
The PC was built in a Thermaltake Level 10 GT case and had a 220mm side fan blowing air on the GPU.
When I was gaming I never got temps above 55-60c.

Now I got a new PC with a 9900k still paired with the same 1080ti, but the case im using is a CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB SE Mid-Tower Case with 3 LL120 intake 1 back LL120 outake and H115i on top as outtake.

Now my temps are 68-73c. Is this just the delta of not having a huge fan blowing on it? do I  have an airflow problem? are the temps high? or am I worrying for nothing and all is fine.
As well I tried playing with fan settings but I dont really understand what actual temps are on my CPU. is it the H115i temp? is it the package temp? because one is 30c and one is 60c (added screen capture showing difference ).
As well, will adding another LL120 on the psu shroud blowing on the GPU help? or will it just blow hot air in there and fill it with dust (my case has dust filterers on the bottom)?

this is the current build

20190228_083308.thumb.jpg.6a7c0b55e2d83d97ac8c79f13ab2eecf.jpg

This is the temps difference between the h115i to the CPU package

2.JPG.09d4eabed7a2cc35a5343e8b61d3bec8.JPG

1.JPG

9900k is a hot running chip. It makes sense to me that it's going to be hotter. Also higher actual TDP I think

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

If you had a fan on the side panel it woudl be blowing right onto the GPU, which could really help its temps because you're pretty much giving it another dedicated fan. I don't think your slightly higher temps are to be of major concern. I think they could be attributed to a different airflow pattern in the new case, you could always adjust your GPU fan curve on msi afterburner to make it slightly more aggressive to run cooler if you wanted.

There is a extremely small gap between your PSU and that grill. Adding a fan there imo wouldn't look good and it couldn't possibly contribute much airflow with that restriction.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

9 minutes ago, SwagMaestro said:

Also higher actual TDP I think

its the 95 watt "intel defined TDP"

which is by everyone measurements, not 95 watts. 

it also doesnt help that every motherboard vendor except ASUS breaks the TDP spec

30 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

its the 95 watt "intel defined TDP"

which is by everyone measurements, not 95 watts. 

it also doesnt help that every motherboard vendor except ASUS breaks the TDP spec

more like 300 watts...

temps below 75 are great

below 83 is okay

above you should start concerning

You could try what happens when you make that bottom intake fan spin faster than the top two and force more air circulation for gpu.

Ok, thanks guys , ill try the bottom faster suggestion when I get home from work , but when i blasted all fans to max it made almost no difference but allot of noise.

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

more like 300 watts...

temps below 75 are great

below 83 is okay

above you should start concerning

what do you propose I do ? is TDP the GPU power or CPU power consumption ?

38 minutes ago, AvilonX said:

what do you propose I do ? is TDP the GPU power or CPU power consumption ?

real life measurements on some good overclocking

tdp is just how much heat it generates and how much power it uses from the psu (sort of)