LETTER TO ASUS FOR ADDRESSING GL504 SERIES PROBLEMS [PLEASE SIGN]

McCoy1989

A letter from official RoG ASUS forums. ASUS ignores problem with GL504 series, lots of people struggle with thermals and performance; - all of this problems can be solved by fixing and updating BIOS. Which ASUS is not doing; - all ASUS employees which i contacted staying same position: ignore

Please sign the petition, to let ASUS know that it's absolutely inappropriate to leave product introduced less than 1 year ago WITHOUT SUPPORT

Petition on CHANGE.ORG

Dear ASUS employees,
I will provide detailed explanation of possible solutions that users of GL504 encountered. 

On behalf of GL*04** owners community i kindly ask to take a very close look on information below, and provide support for ASUS consumers with your products.

Firstly, please understand that we are LOYAL CONSUMERS of ASUS RoG brand. 
We're not offensive, but we act with integrity and ask to eventually solve problems with cooling system of GL series book under which they struggle from GL*02 generation. We did a lot of test, executed thousands of experiments and successfully obtained and diagnosed the issues with your products.

I ask you to provide following fixes in further BIOS update:

1. FIX fan curve to eliminate any possible stuttering lags and freezes, fans are not correctly synchronized with temps - so they "delay" while adjusting to current temps. Due limited possibilities of adjustments that can be made in BIOS - we are not able solve this problem by ourselfs.
  2. Adjust temperature thresholds: GPU and CPU to eliminate possible BiDirectional throttling triggering (BDPROCHOT).
  3. Solve problem with Nahimic service, loss of sound. It's creepy, sick problem!
  4. Come to your official RoG Forum, and join dialogue: we are eager to help you make your products better.

Above are ESSENTIAL issues to be fixed. 

Following non-critical updates:

(!) Picture distorted picture while external monitor connected in "Monitor Only Mode"

Followed below by OPTIONAL items that can be implemented:

1. Unlock manual fan control in RoG game center, which is used on baseline of "Overboost" mode to eliminate any possible risk of overheating. IMHO THERMALS MUST BE over noise.
  2. Unlock XMP profiles options to make users able to use different RAM modules.
  3. Hardcode undervolts for CPU and Cache voltages and GPU; - they GREATLY increase thermals and performance, but not solving fan issue, stuttering and lags - because fan curve is badly adjusted for all possible performance mods of GL-series.

IMHO, ASUS you're making brilliant products! But user, client, consumer values are ruined by this problems. Lack of communication and deaf ear to your community making situation even worse. I kindly ask to help us, people who spend their hard-earned money to enjoy your great products.

Thank you, we wish you very best.

I kindly ask EVERY OWNER of GL*04 series owners to sign this letter, and draw ASUS officials attention to this situation. 

Please reply, share, promote by any possible meant this message. This is only way to receive solution for problems and make ASUS products better.

Reminds me of street petitions who wave at you, then I wave back as I walk past and don't sign.

i don't mean to burst your bubble, but I've never heard of a change.org petition ever being successful when it comes to stuff like this causing the company to actually implement a change, if they even acknowledge it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, McCoy1989 said:

Then you don't understand why ASUS ignores y'all... ASUS took the Razer route long ago, they do not sell 'premium' products, no... they sell entry level stuff at an overpriced for the right of carrying RoG branding.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 hours ago, McCoy1989 said:

misstake nr 1: you are loyal to a brand

mistake nr 2: you are attempting to change through asking them instead of not buying their stuff.

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Then you don't understand why ASUS ignores y'all... ASUS took the Razer route long ago, they do not sell 'premium' products, no... they sell entry level stuff at an overpriced for the right of carrying RoG branding.

I'm pretty fine with build quality of ASUS (after MSI).

Razer, however - provides adequate support.

What the hell is a GL504?

4 hours ago, McCoy1989 said:

We're not offensive, but we act with integrity and ask to eventually solve problems with cooling system of GL series book under which they struggle from GL*02 generation. We did a lot of test, executed thousands of experiments and successfully obtained and diagnosed the issues with your products.

You did thousands of experiments? (X) Doubt

If the product is broken just RMA it, and keep RMA'ing it until they fix the issue.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

If the product is broken just RMA it, and keep RMA'ing it until they fix the issue.

good consumer protections allow you to do this 5 years after buying it. (if its a design fault that hinders its usage and not a wear and tear issue)

like if you know this, you can make it very painful for a company to not rectify the issues. (hence me wanting to buy apple products and surface products just to do that)

No, this is LTT

Hello ? Is this the crusty crab ?

No, this is Patrick !

(Sorry, this meme just came to mind)

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

10 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

good consumer protections allow you to do this 5 years after buying it.

Australia has 2 year consumer protection policy law that companys have to abide to, if they sell their products in Australia (online stores can get past this if their service doesn't have an Australian outpost or don't officially operate in Australia) they have to follow it, even if the product is discontinued they must continue providing support to devices that have yet to run out of their consumer protection status.

any company that fails to do this gets a fine, a really big fine. i have seen a Chinese company try (and fail) try and get around this by shipping their products to Australia then post it to the consumer, but when their device broke or needed repairs, they could refuse. what they didn't reliese was that they had a web server in Australia and it was under their company name, which legally meant that they operated in Australia and had to follow the laws (they never went the route of registering their business with the government but if it's a international or overseas company this is fine since they most likely have registration with another government), even though they never registered with the government, they still had to follow the laws due to this web server ownership. not only did they get a massive fine (for doing this for years!) they went out of business due to being unable to pay that much.

i have had the displeasure of using them but i got revenge at last... yay!

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

18 hours ago, Spotty said:

What the hell is a GL504?

You did thousands of experiments? (X) Doubt

ASUS position that product is not product - "just how it should work".

Last time i did RMA for ASUS it took me 95+ days, and i'm received NEW device with same problems.

Isn't it simpler to fix fan curve and voltages, release fixed BIOS than incur costs for RMA?

3 minutes ago, McCoy1989 said:

Isn't it simpler to fix fan curve and voltages, release fixed BIOS than incur costs for RMA?

Yes... That's why if you keep RMA'ing it they will invest the time to fix the issue rather than keep handling RMAs
Even then they might just turn around and offer you a new/different model to replace it with.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 3/1/2019 at 9:17 AM, Spotty said:

Yes... That's why if you keep RMA'ing it they will invest the time to fix the issue rather than keep handling RMAs
Even then they might just turn around and offer you a new/different model to replace it with.

I'm NDA to tell what's up with ASUS NDA -> that's why i'm just asking to sign petition )

They already have your money. They aren't obligated to do anything else unless it involves user safety.

Should have done research before buying.