G skill trident RGB settings not saving

Hi guys I built my first pc about two months ago and ever since then I have been having problems with my ram color settings saving using asrock polychrome sinc and with the G skill  software. Whenever I set my ram color it will save but whenever I have to restart my pc the next day the ram will go back to the default rainbow. My pc is blue themed and the rainbow kind of annoys me, and its annoying to change it everytime i start my pc.

Thanks for any help, 

pc noob needing help

Specs 

I5-9600k

cooler master 212 rgb black edition 

2x8gb G skill trident rgb 3200mhz

asrock z390 Extreme4 

sapphire rx 580 nitro+ special edition

NzXT h500i white 

52 minutes ago, mrmoyer said:

Hi guys I built my first pc about two months ago and ever since then I have been having problems with my ram color settings saving using asrock polychrome sinc and with the G skill  software. Whenever I set my ram color it will save but whenever I have to restart my pc the next day the ram will go back to the default rainbow. My pc is blue themed and the rainbow kind of annoys me, and its annoying to change it everytime i start my pc.

Thanks for any help, 

pc noob needing help

Specs 

I5-9600k

cooler master 212 rgb black edition 

2x8gb G skill trident rgb 3200mhz

asrock z390 Extreme4 

sapphire rx 580 nitro+ special edition

NzXT h500i white 

Use the Gskill RGB software instead: https://gskill.com/en/download/view/trident-z-rgb-control

If that doesn't work, try updating your motherboard bios, but be careful because you can brick your board if it fails. That board has a duel bios though so not too scary. Just don't trying updating the bios again if it fails the first time without looking up how to make sure you're reinstalling it over the first bios again instead of the backup. I made that sound scarier than it is. You'll most likely not have any trouble with that unless you have like a power outage mid update or pull the USB stick out.

Anyways, asrock RGB software is the worst out of any of them in my experience so it's no surprise to me that you're having issues with it. The gskill software will be much better anyways.

1 hour ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Use the Gskill RGB software instead: https://gskill.com/en/download/view/trident-z-rgb-control

If that doesn't work, try updating your motherboard bios, but be careful because you can brick your board if it fails. That board has a duel bios though so not too scary. Just don't trying updating the bios again if it fails the first time without looking up how to make sure you're reinstalling it over the first bios again instead of the backup. I made that sound scarier than it is. You'll most likely not have any trouble with that unless you have like a power outage mid update or pull the USB stick out.

Anyways, asrock RGB software is the worst out of any of them in my experience so it's no surprise to me that you're having issues with it. The gskill software will be much better anyways.

I already tried with the g skill software no luck so far ?

14 minutes ago, mrmoyer said:

I already tried with the g skill software no luck so far ?

Okay, I would definitely try to update the bios next then and maybe see if there's an option to update the firmware for the ram sticks while you're at it... and hey, at least nothing that actually effects performance is going wrong right ;)

7 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Okay, I would definitely try to update the bios next then and maybe see if there's an option to update the firmware for the ram sticks while you're at it... and hey, at least nothing that actually effects performance is going wrong right ;)

Just sad that every time I start my pc i have some ugly rainbow ram. I'll try updating the bios and seeing if that helps, if not i'm just stuck with my routine of opening the rgb controller every time i start my pc.?

5 minutes ago, mrmoyer said:

Just sad that every time I start my pc i have some ugly rainbow ram. I'll try updating the bios and seeing if that helps, if not i'm just stuck with my routine of opening the rgb controller every time i start my pc.?

Not necessarily. You've got a new board so you're waiting on things to be updated and all of that. If the bios update doesn't fix it, a future one probably will. I have an Asrock Z390 board too so I'm in the same boat with other issues. It's so typical of motherboard manufactures to be slow to update drivers and have buggy software. I've gotten this with multiple brands now. 

35 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Not necessarily. You've got a new board so you're waiting on things to be updated and all of that. If the bios update doesn't fix it, a future one probably will. I have an Asrock Z390 board too so I'm in the same boat with other issues. It's so typical of motherboard manufactures to be slow to update drivers and have buggy software. I've gotten this with multiple brands now. 

Alright so I updated my bios annnnndddd.... nothing. I found that When i open asrkocks rgb app my ram setting go back to what they were, so i tired to attach the program to open at start.... that didn't work. And now my rgb fan on my 212 wont stay on unless i have asrock polysinc open.

Edit: fixed the rgb fan

On 2/27/2019 at 5:17 PM, mrmoyer said:

Alright so I updated my bios annnnndddd.... nothing. I found that When i open asrkocks rgb app my ram setting go back to what they were, so i tired to attach the program to open at start.... that didn't work. And now my rgb fan on my 212 wont stay on unless i have asrock polysinc open.

Edit: fixed the rgb fan

Yea, I'd say you have to wait for more updates. Hey, but if you have that gskill program running at the same time, maybe that's the problem. Maybe they're conflicting. Try only using one. Last suggestion other than waiting for updates, but it's worth a shot.