Should I buy a used GPU?

ZZZach167
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

This seller is overhyping this card

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 OC edition. This is the most versatile graphics card on the market. It is going for a great price and can be used for anything. This card is working at 100% and there are zero defects. It has barely been used and I currently have no use for it anymore. It comes with a warranty and is in manufacturer original packaging. This card has 8GB of GDDR5 memory which is an insane amount. This card can be used for graphic design, all kinds of gaming, modeling, and anything else. The card also has ample cooling with a very large heatsink and fast moving fan. The card has many features and can be adjusted or overclocked very easily. The fan is also virtually non audible. This means it is very quiet. The product has not been tampered with, over clocked, or adjusted in any way, shape, or form. The card has been tested and it is working properly with no defects. Warranty has NOT been voided and S/N and P/N sticker is still attached to the item. If this card is purchased, I can help walk-through installation and/or troubleshooting. If you would like to purchase a bundle of cards we can negotiate and/or I can throw in some other DIY computer parts. I have 12 Available. Contact for any questions.

But I wold ask what the card can overclock to, try to get the seller to reveal if the card was run at a lower clock speed because a responsible miner runs the GPU at 70% power. Don't ask outright or the seller can just lie.

In my experience most mined on GPU's don't have blower coolers, and they don't come in a box. 

I could be wrong though, but I still bought a mined on GPU and it (so far) has been faultless. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

This seller is overhyping this card

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 OC edition. This is the most versatile graphics card on the market. It is going for a great price and can be used for anything. This card is working at 100% and there are zero defects. It has barely been used and I currently have no use for it anymore. It comes with a warranty and is in manufacturer original packaging. This card has 8GB of GDDR5 memory which is an insane amount. This card can be used for graphic design, all kinds of gaming, modeling, and anything else. The card also has ample cooling with a very large heatsink and fast moving fan. The card has many features and can be adjusted or overclocked very easily. The fan is also virtually non audible. This means it is very quiet. The product has not been tampered with, over clocked, or adjusted in any way, shape, or form. The card has been tested and it is working properly with no defects. Warranty has NOT been voided and S/N and P/N sticker is still attached to the item. If this card is purchased, I can help walk-through installation and/or troubleshooting. If you would like to purchase a bundle of cards we can negotiate and/or I can throw in some other DIY computer parts. I have 12 Available. Contact for any questions.

But I wold ask what the card can overclock to, try to get the seller to reveal if the card was run at a lower clock speed because a responsible miner runs the GPU at 70% power. Don't ask outright or the seller can just lie.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I, fairly recently, just purchased 2x Sapphire Pulse RX580's and couldn't be happier. I did manage to dodge a few ........people who say 'just out of my rig' by checking their own buys and feedback and other items bits... I think mining cards are ok if they were by a real miner as they downvoltage and underclock the cards so there is really no adverse effect. There are risks in all 2nd hand goods but there are also bargains. I'm about to sell my HD7970 and it's been treated VERY well in it's life....blown once a month and thoroughly pampered every year...lol. 

2600x, MSi B450-Pro, Corsair H100i, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x, aData X6000 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB, Seagate 3TB x 2, Palit 1080Ti GameRock Premium, Silverstone GD08 Case.

17 minutes ago, ZZZach167 said:

for $15 more there is an Inno3D 1070 for sale with a 60 days warranty...it came up right underneath your card. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GTX-1070-INNO3D-Nvidia-GeForce-8GB-GPU-V3/273615772085?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D55991%26meid%3Dfde17774b5e648ed881f0c926949b426%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D9%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D264212587007%26itm%3D273615772085&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

2600x, MSi B450-Pro, Corsair H100i, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x, aData X6000 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB, Seagate 3TB x 2, Palit 1080Ti GameRock Premium, Silverstone GD08 Case.

For that price spend a little more and get a gtx 1660ti new and be done with it. I never buy used cards because I generally keep the card I get for the duration of the warranty then I sell it and buy a new card. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x