Please Help. I want build pc for Cad workstation and video editing (and little bit gaming).

Prasad001

Hi Linus tech tips, I'm low on budget. I want build pc for Cad workstation and video editing (and little bit gaming). I'm from India. Can you suggest me a system under Rs.35000 to 45000/- (500 to 650 U.S dollar) which atleast help me for 3 years. 

I know that my budget is too low. But I don't mind usin used parts and ddr3 ram can do the trick for me.

If possible under this budget, motherboard may have ram expansion upto 32 GB . For now, I'm thinking about 16gb of ddr3. Remain for future upgrades.

I don't mind if processor is of Xeon series.If this gives me required performance,then I have no problem. 

Pc Should have water cooler ,because ambient air temp in the my workplace is more.

Also don't account for monitor, keyword and mouse. 

I know ,I'm asking alot in this low budget. But please help..

4 minutes ago, Prasad001 said:

Pc Should have water cooler ,because ambient air temp in the my workplace is more

Trust me, a quality air cooler is what you want. Water cooling isn't special when it comes to how good the cooling is.

However:

This seems close as I could get, I really recommend using this and then upgrading later. having a Ryzen setup is so helpful because you can get really high core counts later and not have to get a new motherboard or ram. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

41 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Trust me, a quality air cooler is what you want. Water cooling isn't special when it comes to how good the cooling is.

However:

This seems close as I could get, I really recommend using this and then upgrading later. having a Ryzen setup is so helpful because you can get really high core counts later and not have to get a new motherboard or ram. 

Thanks.But this rig may be not suitable for 3d rendering and FEA analysis. As per  I know, FEA analysis and 3d Rendering utilities high multi threaded performance.

I think , I need more powerful CPU.

9 minutes ago, Prasad001 said:

Thanks.But this rig may be not suitable for 3d rendering and FEA analysis. As per  I know, FEA analysis and 3d Rendering utilities high multi threaded performance.

I think , I need more powerful CPU.

You can spring for a R5 2400g and get no graphics card for now, which will give you a quad core with SMT and some minor graphics capabilities.

You can also get more ram if you choose.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 hours ago, fasauceome said:

You can spring for a R5 2400g and get no graphics card for now, which will give you a quad core with SMT and some minor graphics capabilities.

You can also get more ram if you choose.

Nice bro. Power supply is expensive in this list corsair vs550 550 watt is only 3599/-

17 minutes ago, Prasad001 said:

Nice bro. Power supply is expensive in this list corsair vs550 550 watt is only 3599/-

The VS series is far inferior to the CX series, a good power supply is a good investment. If you must, get the cheapest grey label CX units that you can.

Primary PC:

4 hours ago, fasauceome said:

The VS series is far inferior to the CX series, a good power supply is a good investment. If you must, get the cheapest grey label CX units that you can.

Thank. Which graphic card is good for me Rx560 or gtx 1050ti . Both cost same.

4 minutes ago, Prasad001 said:

Thank. Which graphic card is good for me Rx560 or gtx 1050ti . Both cost same.

1050 ti in this case. Not only is it a faster GPU, but whatever cad program you're using might like cuda acceleration a lot.

Primary PC:

40 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

1050 ti in this case. Not only is it a faster GPU, but whatever cad program you're using might like cuda acceleration a lot.

Should I go for 1050ti mini or 1050ti oc edition?Both are near same in price.

This rig is for cad workstation.but how will this work in terms of gaming and video editing.

Edited by Prasad001

7 hours ago, Prasad001 said:

Should I go for 1050ti mini or 1050ti oc edition?Both are near same in price.

This rig is for cad workstation.but how will this work in terms of gaming and video editing.

For cad, there will be likely very little difference, and I don't know what brand of OC edition you mean. However, of it's the ones I'm thinking about, get the mini. The armor OC is not great.

Primary PC:

14 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

For cad, there will be likely very little difference, and I don't know what brand of OC edition you mean. However, of it's the ones I'm thinking about, get the mini. The armor OC is not great.

I'm mean zotac oc edition

Just now, Prasad001 said:

I'm mean zotac oc edition

Oh that one is better then, similar shroud to their bigger graphics cards and a nice dual fan design.

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

Oh that one is better then, similar shroud to their bigger graphics cards and a nice dual fan design.

Ok.As my requirements, this is cad workstation.but how will perform in gaming and video editing.?

2 minutes ago, Prasad001 said:

Ok.As my requirements, this is cad workstation.but how will perform in gaming and video editing.?

The 1050 ti isn't the strongest card for cad, but anything that has GPU acceleration will be helped.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The 1050 ti isn't the strongest card for cad, but anything that has GPU acceleration will be helped.

This means,I can most games ,but some high end games can not run on high setting. I'm ok with that for now. I can upgrade graphics card in future.

What do you think about ryzen 7 1700?

Is it better or worse than ryzen 5 2600?

8 minutes ago, Prasad001 said:

This means,I can most games ,but some high end games can not run on high setting. I'm ok with that for now. I can upgrade graphics card in future.

What do you think about ryzen 7 1700?

Is it better or worse than ryzen 5 2600?

for you, the 1700 is better.

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

for you, the 1700 is better.

Is it good for gaming?

Just now, Prasad001 said:

Is it good for gaming?

yes, the 1700 is good for gaming.

Primary PC:

What should I do? Still 15000rs more than my budget

Your budget is just too small for what you want. You could wait for new Ryzen processors to launch in about a month, driving prices down for current Ryzen, and new graphics cards around the same time too, driving prices down for current grapics cards. But you have to make some sacrifices for your budget. What I really don't recommend is an old Xeon with DDR3 because you have to replace the whole thing at some point.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Your budget is just too small for what you want. You could wait for new Ryzen processors to launch in about a month, driving prices down for current Ryzen, and new graphics cards around the same time too, driving prices down for current grapics cards. But you have to make some sacrifices for your budget.

I think you are right.

What do you think about Xeon ?

I think you are right.

What do you think about Xeon ?

Xeons themselves are fine, but Ryzen is just so much better these days, there's very little reason to get ta Xeon.

Primary PC:

14 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Xeons themselves are fine, but Ryzen is just so much better these days, there's very little reason to get ta Xeon.

Thank again. Let me know if you found any solution from my situation. 

5 minutes ago, Finwillwin said:

If you are only using it for CAD, maybe you could use the Radeon 2100WX, as it is well suited for that kind of work.

Cad workstation is my main concern.but I also want to do video editing and gaming.

1 minute ago, Prasad001 said:

Thank again. Let me know if you found any solution from my situation. 

I still do recommend using the Ryzen 5 2400G for a little while and then getting more cores later.

Primary PC: