Strange freezing after reseating power supply?

Princess

Alright, let me explain my admittedly dumb behavior here. I had my PSU facing fan-up on the bottom of my case, and that made the fan make some noise when spinning. Nothing serious, just some clicky jumping of what I would assume are the ball bearing just making some noise. Still, I decided that flipping it upside down would be a good fix (it worked and the noise is gone). 
When I went to shut it down before flipping it over however, I immediately just killed the power. The PSU also got bumped around a little bit when I reseated it, but generally it seems... fine? 

My problem comes in here, after I rebooted everything:
All of my chrome data had gone missing, theme, bookmarks, profile, etc. History stayed, however. (This might be relevant.)

Ten minutes into the boot and I noticed unusual freezing, or more like incredible slowing down, like I would open task manager and it would take two minutes to load, and everything else would kind of freeze up meanwhile. I could still move my mouse and switch between applications perfectly, send messages in Discord and the like just fine. However, refresh a page in Chrome and it loads forever, every application I try to open after that takes minutes to load if it even does, Apex Legends was stuck on a loading screen until this strange freeze was done, etc. 
I restarted, checked the cables for the SSD, reseated some PSU cables and then tried doing my normal daily workload. This time it took like two hours, but it froze again (the first time it froze trying to load Task Manager, the second during the Apex loading screen, both of which seem to be accessing files on the SSD.)

So... did the sudden shutdown just damage some Windows files and now it's freezing up? Or does this sound more like a faulty PSU/voltage or SSD problem? I really hope I don't have to replace either.

This doesnt sound like a PSU problem but a motherboard and parts problem. Did you disconnect everything from the PSU and did you ground yourself? (to avoid a static shock) While working inside your pc.

Just now, aaradorn said:

This doesnt sound like a PSU problem but a motherboard and parts problem. Did you disconnect everything from the PSU and did you ground yourself? (to avoid a static shock) While working inside your pc.

I disconnected the power plug, though I gently tried to turn the PSU upside down to see if I'd have to reseat the cables or not so they got somewhat twisted before I just plugged them out and reseated them. 
Again, could it simply be a Windows issue? Both times this problem happened, Windows tried to repair C drive and "succeeded", apparently.

Just now, aaradorn said:

You can always try and reinstall windows.

If that doesn't end up working, how would you recommend troubleshooting the issue? :^( 

2 hours ago, Princess said:

If that doesn't end up working, how would you recommend troubleshooting the issue? :^( 

A process of elimination, Stress test every component of your system and check for anything abnormal. RAM usage- cpu temps - gpu vram usage - gpu temps ETC.