Nuclear engine not working in KSP

Kd4lif3

I assembled a large and relatively modular ship in orbit recently for the purpose of interplanetary travel. I wanted to attach a nuclear engine to the bottom of the ship for more efficient long-range thrust however it seems that It isn't drawing fuel properly. It is attached using a few sets of decouplers and a few service bays and a few hitchhiker cans lie between the engine and the tanks. I make this configuration on the ground and it works just fine but no matter what I try in space it won't fire or even recognizes the fuel being attached to the engine. The only real difference between the ground config and the space one is that the space one was assembled in space and the ground one being assembled in the VAB. Here is a picture, any ideas?20190224211240_1.thumb.jpg.7260f585e1e62d52dcfe0a1ca58a3ec1.jpg

1 hour ago, Kd4lif3 said:

I assembled a large and relatively modular ship in orbit recently for the purpose of interplanetary travel. I wanted to attach a nuclear engine to the bottom of the ship for more efficient long-range thrust however it seems that It isn't drawing fuel properly. It is attached using a few sets of decouplers and a few service bays and a few hitchhiker cans lie between the engine and the tanks. I make this configuration on the ground and it works just fine but no matter what I try in space it won't fire or even recognizes the fuel being attached to the engine. The only real difference between the ground config and the space one is that the space one was assembled in space and the ground one being assembled in the VAB. Here is a picture, any ideas?20190224211240_1.thumb.jpg.7260f585e1e62d52dcfe0a1ca58a3ec1.jpg

Fuel doesn't transfer through decouplers by default. You will need to activate fuel flow through the decouplers.

They also only require liquid fuel. 

One of the parts of the nuclear bit doesnt have fuel passthrough and therefore doesnt work. You need to run fuellines from the docking to the engine.

That or you have to enable fuel passthrough on the decoupler.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

One of the parts of the nuclear bit doesnt have fuel passthrough and therefore doesnt work. You need to run fuellines from the docking to the engine.

That or you have to enable fuel passthrough on the decoupler.

I have all of the couplers set the same for fuel pass through as they were on the land test. They all display "disable crossfeed", I also tried with them all saying "enable crossfeed" but that did not work either. There is no way for me to run fuel lines with a ship assembled in orbit. I could do that in the VAB but this one went up in pieces and I often swap that bottom section out when I unlock new stuff.

57 minutes ago, Kd4lif3 said:

I have all of the couplers set the same for fuel pass through as they were on the land test. They all display "disable crossfeed", I also tried with them all saying "enable crossfeed" but that did not work either. There is no way for me to run fuel lines with a ship assembled in orbit. I could do that in the VAB but this one went up in pieces and I often swap that bottom section out when I unlock new stuff.

Dont think the stuff storer has fuel passthrough. That or something on the main craft doesnt have fuel passthrough