Should I be worried yet? (Old Phone)

Maikiki

I got a hand Samsung Galaxy s5. It served me well for the last 4 years. I'm beginning to think that my phone will get soft-bricked or something happens to all my data. I rooted my phone but I don't think that's causing problems. My phone does get stupidly hot when I watch youtube or play some games on it, so I should probably get a new battery soon. I want to preserve my phone because it holds a special place in my heart. 

What should I expect when problems arise? Will there be any fixes to those problems? 

Probably the CPU getting outdated eventually. When I was in your shoes I just had constant backups of everything until the phone finally gave in.

You could always pull a linus and use your old phone as an mp3 player :(

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

2 minutes ago, SwagMaestro said:

Probably the CPU getting outdated eventually. When I was in your shoes I just had constant backups of everything until the phone finally gave in.

You could always pull a linus and use your old phone as an mp3 player :(

Damn...what phone was it? An Iphone or an android? 

1 minute ago, sud said:

Damn...what phone was it? An Iphone or an android? 

iPhone 4S. Had it for four years and refused to update to iOS 7 that looked differently. After two years in which I had literally no apps available, whatsapp stopped working and the phone was bricked when I tried to update the OS. Changed to the Nexus 5X and never looked back. Except for screenshots of chats that had the keyboard and then like, two messages that filled the rest of the screen. How did we live with 3.5"??

Honestly though, I think you'll find non-touchwiz samsung (8 and later) very refreshing.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Well, the samsung s5 is still a popular phone so I doubt it will happen any time soon. At least I know what to expect. Thanks for sharing your story... 

How do we live with 3.5? 

Only the 90s kids know...

28 minutes ago, sud said:

What should I expect when problems arise?

First, ensure problem isnt a software issue, delete all bloat wares (if that doesnt help then factory reset / custom roms)

if problem still exist.... prob the main board is dying