I can't buy tickets from Air Canada

bejamartins

I've tried multiple times. I start from Google Flights then go through all the process on the Air Canda website, and when paying I get a 15012 error, that cancels everything.

I tried calling to their international number (00 800 669 92222), but I only hear the 'occupied' beeps.

I tried to send an e-mail, but their contact us page does not provide a way to do it on this subject nor a direct contact e-mail address.

What can I do? Will I have to pay the extra through a travel agency?

Also, If I try to strart the process from their webpage, instead of Google Flights, I always get a 'flights not found', even though I can find them and start the process through Google Flights.

First off, if you can, try WestJet.

Its like the US version of Jet Blue, but slightly cheaper.

Also, go though thier own website, because things like Expedia and all get a % cut of the profits, and if you have an issue, the airline will direct you to them insead, which can be very unhelpful.

Also, why are you asking for help with an airline on a tech forumn?

Its not like YOU CANT EVEN BUY THE DAMN CONVENTION TICKETS!!!!

*deep breaths

Ive had a stressfull day.

23 minutes ago, LightningwingDragon said:

Also, go though thier own website, because things like Expedia and all get a % cut of the profits, and if you have an issue, the airline will direct you to them insead, which can be very unhelpful.

*deep breaths

Air Canada website is a tier one website...

I'm asking here because everyone in this subsection goes to the same place around the same time, so chances are more people are having the same problema and maybe a few have solved it or had better workarounds.

16 hours ago, LightningwingDragon said:

*deep breaths

If there international (Portugal) they can't fly Westjet and no there not like Jet Blue...

Aselwyn1

you may have better luck with booking on Lufthansa or Tap as they are partners with Air Canada (Star Alliance) and can give some other options for routing. i know AC Rouge does 1 Flight from Porto to Toronto and Lisbon to Montreal and Toronto and then you can connect on to Vancouver. as for calling try the local number via google hangouts or skype 1-888-247-2262

Aselwyn1

8 minutes ago, aselwyn1 said:

If there international (Portugal) they can't fly Westjet and no there not like Jet Blue...

There's plenty of flights from London to Vancouver with a stopover in Calgary on Westjet. OP could fly up to London from Lisbon, although the Westjet flights leave from Heathrow so OP would have to find a way to get to Heathrow if his flight doesn't land there.

Just now, 1kv said:

There's plenty of flights from London to Vancouver with a stopover in Calgary on Westjet. OP could fly up to London from Lisbon, although the WestJet flights leave from Heathrow so OP would have to find a way to get to Heathrow if his flight doesn't land there.

Westjet doesn't fly to Heathrow though... they fly into Gatwick and flying from london means he would have to buy a secondary ticket that just complicates everything and can cause major headaches due if you are delayed or flight is canceled 

Aselwyn1

1 minute ago, aselwyn1 said:

Westjet doesn't fly to Heathrow though... they fly into Gatwick and flying from london means he would have to buy a secondary ticket that just complicates everything and can cause major headaches due if you are delayed or flight is canceled 

Ah yeah, wrong airport.. Gets confusing with how many airports London has.

It'd make the whole situation complicated but it may be useful as a backup option if OP has no other way to get there.

On 2/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, aselwyn1 said:

you may have better luck with booking on Lufthansa or Tap as they are partners with Air Canada (Star Alliance) and can give some other options for routing. i know AC Rouge does 1 Flight from Porto to Toronto and Lisbon to Montreal and Toronto and then you can connect on to Vancouver. as for calling try the local number via google hangouts or skype 1-888-247-2262

This has been a nightmare. Although TAP is from Star Alliance it only sells its own tickets.

In Portugal, the official reseller for Canada Airlines is a company called Portway, that has its physical booth closed every time I go there. It says it's open only near its flights, and it has so many other companies in it's billboard that it makes me wonder... else to call its helpdesk line, but it's always unreachable and unresponsive to e-mails.

Canada Air own phone contact either makes me spend over €0,50 a minute, and leaves me waiting indefinitely or asks me to input my region code and phone number, but when I do, it says it is invalid.

I gave up and tried a travel agency. The one most recomended was a Spanish once called 'Viagens El Corte Inglés'. I went there and they told me that if it was just for flights, I should do it online, as they would charge extra €50 per person per flight physically. I went home and went online, but although they have a Portuguese website, to buy a ticket you need a Spanish identification...

I settled for one called GeoStar, that is virtually in every shopping center around. I did it online, but they did neither charged me nor booked my reservation right away which is stressing me more...