Google Drive Business, workaround for 750GB/day per user, without spending more money

alexhatesu

I just recently migrated my plex server to the cloud. I used this thing called plexguide. The long and short of it is, it moves your storage to the cloud automatically, along with a lot of other useful tools. There's this thing called blitz that allows you to upload to a team drive. So here is the workaround. Now I am not going into any sort of super technical details because to be completely honest, I don't know how to use the tools that run in the background. But this is the gist of how it works.

You create a team drive, and then you go to settings and allow the team drive to share outside of the organization. You create some BS emails, and add them as content managers. Each of those outside accounts have the 750GB day limit. You can add as many people as content managers if you want.

Not sure if this has ever been discussed but I thought it was a really easy and cost effective way around their limits.

If anyone else knows more about this than I do, feel free to add to this.

Thanks for your time.