Spare parts build, better than my main rig

faytleingod11

So I set out to build a new pc to put up on craigslist. I had a bunch of spare parts laying around, from upgrades, family and friends repairs, and just plain good deals too good to pass up. I figured I had enough parts to warrant investing 300-400 dollars to make presentable. It all started with a warranty MSI Z370 board that didn't need to be warrantee'd. Turned out the persons processor was just not compatible, so lesson learned and a new part added to my inventory. Then I was able to get a steal on a 8gb of patriot viper kit of ram, and I had a psu laying around from a friends pc that we recycled because of fall damage. Then I got back a pc I sold to a family member when they had me upgrade them to a current platform, so I got a good cooler master cpu cooler, and a nice case. The thing that really made this whole project worthwile is when I bout a triple slot gpu for my itx build on accident (2.75 is NOT the same as 2 apparently). So now I have a decently high end build that I put some cosmetic attention to. The only problem is the mobo doesn't seem to work with the first PCIE slot, so the gpu is running at supposed 8x instead of x16, but all the benchmark scores are well above the expected scores. Should I warrantee the board again? Or just sell as is with a disclamer? I think this thing is awesome for the price I invested, and with the aesthetic adjustments I've added. Cable extentions, ram color, and noctua fans added to the cooler (taken from the asus ryujin aio)

I was a little rambly, but I would really appreciate some feed back, and maybe a price range I should try and get. All functional parts are either new or warranty replacements excluding the psu, and the gpu that spent about 2 weeks inside another pc before being replaced by an rx 580 i bought on craigslist for 80 dollars.

Mobo- MSI Z370 SLI Plus

CPU-   Intel i5 8600k (oc to 4.7ghz)

Ram-   Patriot Viper 16gb (2x(2x4gb ddr4 2400ghz))

GPU-   EVGA RTX 2060 Black edition

AIO-     Cooler Master Hyper 212evo

PSU-    Antec 620w 80+ bronze non-modular

SSD-    Silicon 240gb

HDD-    WD Black 2tb 3.5" 7200rpm

Case-   Rosewill Tyrfing ATX

+Random amazon ac600 wifi card, nzxt 140mm fan, ezdiy cable extentions

IMG-20190219-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20190219-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20190219-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20190219-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20190219-WA0019.jpg

The pictures in the first post are just after the initial build, before I got the system working. I post pictures after I get home of the new config. 

This build MIGHT just be perfect if you take the plastic off that GPU.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

6 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

This build MIGHT just be perfect if you take the plastic off that GPU.

I feel like that is something to be done right before delivery/ for the end user. I leave all peeling to the very last second.

nice build!

i would route the sata cables behind that piece of metal ( picture ) to make it even cleaner

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

28 minutes ago, wildthing said:

nice build!

i would route the sata cables behind that piece of metal ( picture ) to make it even cleaner

great idea. The Tyrfing only has a partial window, so it's not totally noticeable with the side panel on, but I figure a twist tie should work perfect for that. I'll also be routing the front panel io that's sticking out in that same picture. Thanks