LTX 19 From United Kingdom

Hey so the plan is to get as many people as possible and fly together from the UK to LTX19 couple days before to adjust after jet lag and enjoy the event together. 
I'm from London but if you have the ticket and flying from somewhere else let me know I'll try to organise a meetup after arrival or something. 

Maybe we could get some king of organise group discount for a flight or something. 

Anyway, I already cant wait to get there. 

PIKO

Hey Peter, I've already got my tickets/flights, I'm heading over from Manchester via Iceland on the 21st July... Flying Icelandair and I'll be there 10 days. Happy to meet up either before or once there.there ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm coming from Scotland myself. I arrive in Vancouver on the 25th, travelling alone so would be great to meet up with more UK folks at the con. Feel free to hit me up with your plans,

I already have my tickets but it will be great to meet up with other uk people heading over. Just let me know when and where you want to meet up.

I'm flying over on the 24th from Gatwick and heading back on the 31st

CPU: i5 3570
Mobo: P8Z77-V LK
Drives: 1TB 850 Evo,1TB 840 Evo
Graphics Card: 970 Strix

I lived in Bicester for 4 years. Is that long enough to quality for membership into your group?  ?

On 3/25/2019 at 5:06 PM, BobbyPdue said:

I lived in Bicester for 4 years. Is that long enough to quality for membership into your group?  ?

Good enough for me :) 

When are you heading over?

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there on the 17th of July and likely spending the first weekend there in the US or somewhere else in Canada.   

On 3/16/2019 at 7:58 AM, Infensus said:

I'm coming from Scotland myself. I arrive in Vancouver on the 25th, travelling alone so would be great to meet up with more UK folks at the con. Feel free to hit me up with your plans,

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 9:36 PM, PeterScream said:

Hey so the plan is to get as many people as possible and fly together from the UK to LTX19 couple days before to adjust after jet lag and enjoy the event together. 
I'm from London but if you have the ticket and flying from somewhere else let me know I'll try to organise a meetup after arrival or something. 

Maybe we could get some king of organise group discount for a flight or something. 

Anyway, I already cant wait to get there. 

PIKO

heading from glasgow to london heathrow flying buisness class whole way to canada 

Callum Gourlay 

PC Specs 

I9-9900k

Gigabyte z390 UD

Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler

MSI RTX 2080

Corsair 16gb ram 2400mhz

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Segate 2tb hdd

EVGA 850w fully modular power supply

Windows 10 Pro

Server Specs 

Dual Xeon X5670's 

Dual Corsair H55's 

32GB of ddr3 server ram (not sure if its ecc or not)

Asus z8na-d6c Motherboard

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Two Segate 1TB Hdd's 

EVGA 850w fully modular power supply

Geforce gt 405 

Internet Connection

For my internet i have virgin media's Vivid 350 which is 350 down and 20 up (although i often get more)  and 0 traffic management 

Hey guys! Aberdeen here, going to Glasgow > Vancouver for 3 nights, flight and place booked :D eeeek

On 5/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, Montyzone said:

Hey guys! Aberdeen here, going to Glasgow > Vancouver for 3 nights, flight and place booked :D eeeek

When do you arrive and leave?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 1:37 PM, Montyzone said:

That's a long way to go for only three nights.  I hope you get over jetlag quickly.  

I hope all of you have a good time. If you are staying long be sure to rent a car and check out Banff.

Edit: Also see you at LTX haha

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 5:37 PM, BobbyPdue said:

That's a long way to go for only three nights.  I hope you get over jetlag quickly.  

So sorry for the late reply, just noticed this as date coming closer, I arrive 26 july night time Aberdeen>Glasgow>Toronto>Vancouver? so will be heading to LTX in the morning or (if you guys decide on a place for breakfast or something like that, suppose am game) - as long as am not a loner 

ta

What do you guys think about meeting up at the Jam Café at 0700 on the 27th Saturday?

Jam Café

4.5 stars with just over 1500 reviews

556 Beatty St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2L3, Canada

On 6/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, BobbyPdue said:

What do you guys think about meeting up at the Jam Café at 0700 on the 27th Saturday?

Jam Café

Sounds good to me

On 6/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, BobbyPdue said:

Jam Café

Place looks good, though sounds like they open at 8 at the earliest...we can probably spare an hour?

On 7/6/2019 at 5:26 PM, Montyzone said:

Place looks good, though sounds like they open at 8 at the earliest...we can probably spare an hour?

Oh I didn't notice that.  0800 is fine with me I just figured people would already be awake considering the jet lag. 

Edit: I arrived in Vancouver yesterday, stayed up until 2200 and only slept 5 and a half hours.  

On 5/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, Montyzone said:

So far I've read of two other people coming from Aberdeen, including yourself. I am too, though I arrive in vancouver the day before on the 25th, also flying from Glasgow

On 7/18/2019 at 11:11 PM, Infensus said:

So far I've read of two other people coming from Aberdeen, including yourself. I am too, though I arrive in vancouver the day before on the 25th, also flying from Glasgow

Awesome dude, you should join us at Jam Cafe on Saturday - address above ^^ - am packed and ready to go, one final shift tomorrow then heading to Glasgow at 5, flight to Toronto, then Vancouver starts at 11:30 on Friday aaah

Just now, Montyzone said:

Awesome dude, you should join us at Jam Cafe - address above ^^ - am packed and ready to got, one final shift tomorrow then hading to Glasgow at 5, flight to Toronto, then Vancouver starts at 11:30 aaah

Sure why not, I'll join. See you there

I might not make it to jam cafe, turns out it's a little bit out of the way from where I am. Turns out there are several people going to LTX at the hostel I'm staying in too so we'll probably head over together. Be good to bump into uk folks there though

On 7/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, Montyzone said:

Awesome dude, you should join us at Jam Cafe on Saturday - address above ^^ - am packed and ready to go, one final shift tomorrow then heading to Glasgow at 5, flight to Toronto, then Vancouver starts at 11:30 on Friday aaah

Get there before 0800.  There will be a line.  I’ll be in one of the LTT shirts.  The food is awesome there I’ve had it for the past three mornings. 

0725 I’m up and on my way.

0745 I’m in line and waiting to get in. The line is getting long, but I’m getting a table for four.