Trying to recover a yahoo account?

AndreiArgeanu

Hi. A few years ago I forgot my password to my yahoo mail account and I haven't tried a lot since to recover it. Now there's quite a lot of things I know about the account as in how to access it. I tried using the recovery provided by them but I do not own the phone number anymore and neither remember the full phone number, only the 2 digits they ask me to fill. Now I know two things about the password it consists of a 6 letter word which I know and right after a 4 digit number which I do not know What I do know is that the password was easy to write on a numpad (as in the numbers were very close to each other e.g. 7854, 2569). I've tried some combinations but I got myself locked for a bit and I was wondering if you guys knew ways to recover this, maybe a tool or something. Possibly something that is free (I tried yahoo customer care but they want me to redirect to their website on which I have to pay 4.99 a month for support and I only need a few minutes I will try it if I have to). If someone finds me something useful I could try it would be very appreciated.

We can't recommend password cracking tools, that's against forum rules. Honestly, if Yahoo can't help you, you may just be SOL.

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

We can't recommend password cracking tools, that's against forum rules. Honestly, if Yahoo can't help you, you may just be SOL.

I'm not looking for password cracking tools. Yahoo can support but what would usually be free for other email sites they want to 4.99/month and I thought there could be something I could try before I have to pay for their service.

Do you still need the account? It almost sounds like you can have Yahoo delete it for you.