Dedicated Graphics w/ Ryzen 5 2600x?

Hello,

So I've been dabbling lately in a new PC and have been window shopping components.

One question I haven't been able to answer is about the Ryzen 5 2600x. So, this card doesn't have dedicated graphics, right? So if I purchased this and plugged it into...I dunno, I've been looking at the Asus Prime X470-Pro, I wouldn't have any video output, right, unless I purchased a dedicated graphics option, thus rendering any video output on the mobo unusable?

Is there any clarification on this, if so, it would be much appreciated?

New to the forums as of this post. So, should be fun! Haha!

Yes, this CPU doesn't have iGPU meaning that video output ports on the motherboard are useless with it. If you're looking for a Ryzen chip with integrated graphics, the best one currently is the R5 2400G.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

@MrSilverFox

You are correct with that, that CPU (not a card ;) ) has not got an intigrated graphics, that means it cannot output any picture over the motherboard.

To use this CPU you need an dedicated Graphicscard like an 1060 or similar

That's essentially right. The AMD APUs, Ryzen 3 2200g and Ryzen 5 2400G have integrated graphics processing. All other Ryzen CPUs have no graphics and would require some kind of discreet graphics adapter.

Also if you are planning on getting Ryzen 5 2600x a GPU like RX 580 or GTX 1060 would go along nicely with it

Hmm. Alright.

Thanks for the replies. And for the correction calling it a 'card' haha. Apologies.

Just always nice having that integrated option when the graphics card gets a bit troublesome.

I actually had planned to pair the 2600x with a 1070.

But my concern, is that I wanted a 3 monitor setup. 2 4k displays, supported by the 1070, and than was hoping an additional screen off of the iGPU since the 1070, seems to support only up to 8K output.

5 minutes ago, MrSilverFox said:

I actually had planned to pair the 2600x with a 1070.

But my concern, is that I wanted a 3 monitor setup. 2 4k displays, supported by the 1070, and than was hoping an additional screen off of the iGPU since the 1070, seems to support only up to 8K output.

one monitor can have a max resolution of 8k

you can easily use 3 x 4k monitor with an 1070 (gaming performance is another story)

5 minutes ago, Chaftalie said:

one monitor can ahve a max resolution of 8K

you can easily use 3 x 4K monitor with an 1070 (gaming performance is another story)

Oh...See, look at that. Learning new things everyday.

It would probably be a dual 4k setup with a 3rd, 1080p monitor. And not even all of them on at the same time quite frankly. And refresh rate and FPS isn't terribly concerning for me most of the time. I'll primarily be utilizing for media consumption, Blu-rays, 4k netflix, etc.

I'll probably post on here my final build before I execute on a purchase and see some tips or thoughts from the community and what they recommend. I just wanted to clear up this motherboard/cpu and iGPU thing.