black western drives or blue drives? or gold?

benjaminr

what is  the  difference between  black  western  drives or  blue  drives? or  gold??

i mean can  you use all  these  drives  for  games, avi  and  mp3  files?

Depends on the capacity but generally (in terms of everything) it's 

Gold > Black > Blue

But as it is usually, the differences can be quite small. The differences depend on the size of the drive; but some things that are always the case:

- Gold has the longest warranty time, at 5 years. Pretty sure Black has 5 years too and Blue 2 years.

- Black and Gold are 7200RPM drives, while Blue is 7200/5400RPM at 1TB and 5400RPM beyond 1TB.

- Blue has the least cache of these drives, the cache on Gold and Black models depends on the TB of them.

Generally Black/Gold are the 'same', as in sometimes one is the better choice than the other.. Blue is the more affordable option.

Usually the Blue is enough, but for you games you might want to get a 7200RPM drive, in which case either Gold or Black can be a good choice. On the other hand, the difference in price may allow you to get a 4TB Blue + SATA SSD (like 250GB) for the same price as a 4TB Black or Gold. Not all games have as much improvement on an SSD; single player games generally do and multiplayer games generally don't, since you have to wait in multiplayer games for your opponents to load in the map too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Essentially they are all the same. But some are slightly faster than others or may be considered more reliable on others. If it's just for media consumption i would go for a blue.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Gold is for Enterprise so it's way more expensive. Black is like the pro version of blue, priced to reflect the small increase in performance and whatnot. It's more apparent with the SSDs, the WD Black is an NVMe drive and the blue is SATA.

In other words, gold is a waste of money for a gaming PC and black is for someone who's hardcore about hard drives. I always recommend blue for gamers because it's the cheapest and offers everything you need.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

so  black and  blue are  do the same  things? i mean both are  for  gaming, avi,, and mp3  files?

Black is slightly faster, but some of them 5400rpm drive are just as fast as then 7200 ones. The only 7200 drive I have in my system is a 500GB WD Black and that's slower than my 5400 WD RED. There is also RED Pro that's 7200rpm and comes with a 5 year warranty. Fast RPM doesn't automatically mean it's the fastest, I believe the number of platters and density of each platter plays a role as to how fast the drive performs, but don't quote me on that.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

so  black and  blue are  do the same  things? i mean both are  for  gaming, avi,, and mp3  files?

Black are the best for a gaming PC.

For those who have in the same basket blues and blacks, they better have a look, at a whole bunch of benchmarks out there.

Because the closest look they had on blacks is from a monitor screen.

Op want relative facts and not personal opinions on their budget.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.