I need a cheap laptop

Hey community, I'm in need of a cheap laptop(like around $300-400 or below). The only things that matter to me is the Processor (at least like a 3rd gen i5 or better), screen (most preferably 1080p 60Hz, idc about panel as long as it looks okay), good battery life, USB 3, aesthetic (no gaming-looking stuff, not that I'd expect to find that in this range), weight (nothing too heavy, but I don't need it to be suuuper light), a decent enough trackpad, and MOST IMPORTANTLY RAM and storage upgradeability. I don't care if it comes with 4Gb RAM and a 500Gb 5400RPM HDD, I have the stuff and know-how to replace it. (I'd actually prefer it to have little RAM and an HDD to save some money). I don't care new or used, and I'm in the US.

really i only need this laptop because I have like 3 desktops, but for portability only a crappy macbook from 2008 that barely works. I'm asking here because I don't know too much in the world of cheapo laptops, and would rather not go read reviews for like every laptop I see.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Budget?

and what are you going to use it for

Preferably under $400 USD.

Simpler on the go stuff, just whenever i need a computer outside of my house or suuuper light gaming (minecraft low settings is probably the most gaming it'll ever do)

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

13 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

Hey community, I'm in need of a cheap laptop(like around $300-400 or below). The only things that matter to me is the Processor (at least like a 3rd gen i5 or better), screen (most preferably 1080p 60Hz, idc about panel as long as it looks okay), good battery life, USB 3, aesthetic (no gaming-looking stuff, not that I'd expect to find that in this range), weight (nothing too heavy, but I don't need it to be suuuper light), a decent enough trackpad, and MOST IMPORTANTLY RAM and storage upgradeability. I don't care if it comes with 4Gb RAM and a 500Gb 5400RPM HDD, I have the stuff and know-how to replace it. (I'd actually prefer it to have little RAM and an HDD to save some money). I don't care new or used, and I'm in the US.

really i only need this laptop because I have like 3 desktops, but for portability only a crappy macbook from 2008 that barely works. I'm asking here because I don't know too much in the world of cheapo laptops, and would rather not go read reviews for like every laptop I see.

What about this? https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i3-8130U-Memory-E5-576-392H/dp/B079TGL2BZ/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1550631453&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289794011&s=pc&sr=1-1

30 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

ThinkPad T450 or T460. Both meet the criteria in every category, and with a $400 cap, you can afford a really nice one from a highly-rated seller on eBay with plenty of room to spare on a brand new OEM 72Wh battery to go with it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

26 minutes ago, Hotseff said:

That actually looks like a great solution, I could also really use that 1Tb Hard drive in my desktop when i swap in an ssd. Thanks

8 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

ThinkPad T450 or T460. Both meet the criteria in every category, and with a $400 cap, you can afford a really nice one from a highly-rated seller on eBay with plenty of room to spare on a brand new OEM 72Wh battery to go with it.

Thanks, I'll look at those too (not rn it's way too late at nignt for me as it is)

I would grab a used 2012 MacBook pro 13in 2013 if you can stretch the budget a bit. You can do a 2012 for 300 add an 8gb stick of ram and ssd for 75. The 2013 i see on eBay for 430 would kill any new laptop in feeling fast just because of the SSD.

In your price range any option that gives you an ssd is best IMO. Windows or OSX i say used + ssd is your best bet. Anything over 2012 will get you the latest version of osx. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MacBook-Pro-13-Late-2013-ME865LL-A-2-4GHz-i5-8GB-256GB-Very-Good-Screen-Wear/292971047925?epid=174472295&hash=item44366f6bf5:g:Ta0AAOSwxlxcbDgE:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!32246!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0