Bose BT Headphones for PC Gaming?

toastythomas

I recently picked up some Bose SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II Black and they were great. I got them used for $170 and they have treated me well at the gym and home and commute and everywhere. I still use my regular headphones for PC, however. Now those are great but I am wondering if I can use my BT headphones for PC gaming. The top search result is actually this LTT forum post. There was a lot of skepticism as well as most results reference headphones specifically designed for PC gaming. If I were to pick up a BT dongle such as this one would I experience a lot of delay? Any better dongle recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Remember to drink water!

Latency with BT headphones is really hit and miss. Sometimes my QC35 are fine, and sometimes delayed on my PC, where I installed a wifi/bt pci-express card. So I don't use them for gaming.

It would probably be better if the headphones had aptX, but I don't think any of the Bose do. 

1 minute ago, Chett_Manly said:

Latency with BT headphones is really hit and miss. Sometimes my QC35 are fine, and sometimes delayed on my PC, where I installed a wifi/bt pci-express card. So I don't use them for gaming.

It would probably be better if the headphones had aptX, but I don't think any of the Bose do. 

How much latency are we talking about? I usually play League of Legends and use Discord to talk to friends so it's not a huge deal.

Remember to drink water!

1 minute ago, Chett_Manly said:

Was pretty noticeable when firing a gun in Battlefield. I'd guess ~200ms.

Alright. Thanks, man! I'll consider it.

Remember to drink water!