RTX 2060 VS 2070

Shiniontv

Hello everyone

I am looking into buying a new graphics card, because I recently upgraded my CPU to the i9 9900K.

I am not interested in spending around the 2080's price, so I want to hear which GPU I should pick then.

I can get RTX 2060's for around $400 and 2070's for around $625

I am mainly playing e-sports games and games that don't demand so much like CS:GO, Apex Legends and Rainbow Six Siege. But I also play games like Battlefield V and GTA V (don't know how demanding that is)

I am gonna play at 1080p at 144hz, so I need a card that can handle that.

I also stream / record from time to time, but I don't think that will be too much of a problem

Thanks in advance,

Shinion

RTX 2060 is plenty for your uses, and also between them is like 10% of performance, in my opinion it's not worth it to spend more on the RTX 2070.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

You could also consider a 1080 or something from eBay, it would be excellent value.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I would just get the 2060. 2070 isn't worth the price increase for maybe 10% more performance. The 2060 should be able to handle any games at 1080p just fine. 

Other options include Vega 56 and 64, GTX 1070 ti and 1080. I would also look into used cards, as mentioned above. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

I have an EVGA RTX 2070 XC (link below and it’s on sale $549). I can run Battlefield V with Ray Tracing on and settings on ultra while getting 60-80fps with spikes to 100fps. I’m running it on a 144hz. 1920x1080 monitor. You wouldn’t be able to max out game settings on a 2060. 

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-2172-KR

Just now, SomeCallMeTim said:

You wouldn’t be able to max out game settings on a 2060. 

I doubt he's interested in Ray Tracing since he seems to be a competitive gamer, you can Max out the game easily with an RTX 2060 if you turn Ray Tracing off.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

3 minutes ago, SomeCallMeTim said:

I have an EVGA RTX 2070 XC (link below and it’s on sale $549). I can run Battlefield V with Ray Tracing on and settings on ultra while getting 60-80fps with spikes to 100fps. I’m running it on a 144hz. 1920x1080 monitor. You wouldn’t be able to max out game settings on a 2060. 

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-2172-KR

With 108p and ray tracing off you really can. Ray tracing is a useless feature that reduces ur fps.

7 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

I doubt he's interested in Ray Tracing since he seems to be a competitive gamer, you can Max out the game easily with an RTX 2060 if you turn Ray Tracing off.

I only brought it up because he mentioned Battlefield V.