Walmart Gaming PC Good?

If you go to this link you will find a Walmart gaming PC https://www.walmart.com/ip/Skytech-RTX-2060-Version-Archangel-Elite-Gaming-Computer-Desktop-PC-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600-3-4-GHz-RTX-2060-6G-8GB-DDR4-500GB-SSD-Windows-10-Home-Battlefie/704306361

This PC costs $899 USD but if you add up the total cost for all of these components if you build it yourself it will set you back $1125!

Conclusion: If you buy the right one Walmart's PCs arent bad!

Thats not a walmart gaming PC. Thats a 3rd party PC selling through walmart.com which is common. Only the "Overpowered" PC's are walmart branding. With that price, chances are its a junk motherboard that you likely wont be able to do much Overclocking on without blowing up the VRM and likely a suspect power supply at best. But still for that price, its a good deal. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

ohhhhh

I just wasted half my morning researchimg this ahh well

10 minutes ago, ForLocks said:

This PC costs $899 USD but if you add up the total cost for all of these components if you build it yourself it will set you back $1125!

you count in that it's a basic model windforce, a cheap case, a meh psu, a h310 mobo and a cheap cooler?

it probably won't

Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: B350
Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400
GPU: RTX 2060 6GB
SSD: 500GB
Case: N21 White Thermaltake
DVD: 24X DVD-RW
PSU: 650W Bronze
Windows 10 Home
Wifi: 802.11AC Wifi PCIe
Keyboard & Mouse: Yes

Single stick of 2400MHz RAM on a Ryzen system is enough reason not to buy it... But I guess a 2x8GB 3000MHz kit is only $90 these days so if you wanted to replace the RAM you could do so easily.

Apart from the memory it's not the worst system I've seen sold at Walmart.

5 minutes ago, ForLocks said:

I'm not sure where you got $1125 from. But that's no where even close to what this would cost to build it yourself.

And even with the recommended RAM upgrade you could build it yourself for less (not including OS).

If you're the type that just wants to buy the PC ready built and have store warranty, then $899 isn't too bad of a price for it... Though you could build it for cheaper yourself and I would recommend swapping out that RAM for a dual channel kit (preferably 2x8GB [16GB]).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you count in that it's a basic model windforce, a cheap case, a meh psu, a h310 mobo and a cheap cooler?

it probably won't

It's a Zotac RTX2060, not a Gigabyte Windforce. It's a Thermaltake N21 (granted, not great), the PSU is unknown, and the motherboard is a AsRock AB350M.
You're thinking of the Walmart OVERPOWERED DTW1 PC... Which means you didn't even bother looking at the link the OP posted.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f5429c3788d94527ff34ac3b08315a93.png

3 minutes ago, ForLocks said:

Thats not the exact part list

It's about as close as you'll get. Same CPU. Same motherboard. Same GPU. Same Case.
The model of the PSU and wifi card is unknown and I left out the CD/DVD drive because it's 2019, but if you really want one then add an extra $15 to the total.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

19 minutes ago, ForLocks said:

If you go to this link you will find a Walmart gaming PC https://www.walmart.com/ip/Skytech-RTX-2060-Version-Archangel-Elite-Gaming-Computer-Desktop-PC-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600-3-4-GHz-RTX-2060-6G-8GB-DDR4-500GB-SSD-Windows-10-Home-Battlefie/704306361

Conclusion: If you buy the right one Walmart's PCs arent bad!

-It's using single channel 2400mhz RAM on Ryzen

-

Mine came out to $779, I think the price this PC is selling at is good, but you're paying for a 500W PSU(which doesn't have a specific model specified so it might be trash despite it being 80+ Bronze), an optical drive, 2400MHz single channel RAM on Ryzen, and an SSD that might not be good

EDIT: I didn't add in a mouse and keyboard but they're definitely not going to include quality ones since they don't specify which mice and keyboards they pack in

2 minutes ago, ForLocks said:

Thats not the exact part list

Well since the part list on Walmart used generic names, he didn’t reall have anything to work with so I’d say A for Affort

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it probably won't

it's am4 btw, it has an asrock b350m motherboard, a zotac rtx 2060, stock cooler and a cheap psu(the pcie cable connection was blue, usually most psus that are of any quality at all have them painted black)

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

It's a Zotac RTX2060, not a Gigabyte Windforce. It's a Thermaltake N21 (granted, not great), the PSU is unknown, and the motherboard is a AsRock AB350M.
You're thinking of the Walmart OVERPOWERED DTW1 PC... Which means you didn't even bother looking at the link the OP posted

i kinda did... my bad

4 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Well since the part list on Walmart used generic names, he didn’t reall have anything to work with so I’d say A for Affort

I went off the photo of the internals which showed the motherboard model, CPU cooler (stock Ryzen 2600 cooler), RAM, and graphics card. I chose different RAM in the PCPP list because the RAM looked like it was this Team Group Vulcan 1x8GB 2400MHz RAM but there wasn't any pricing available for it on PCPP, so I went with another comparable 1x8GB 2400MHz stick instead.

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

i kinda did... my bad

BUSTED! :P

I got the version of this they were selling around thanksgiving...came with a 1070TI rather than a RTX2060.

FWIW, it has a Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU

EDIT: oh..right.I put the parts in my sig :)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

What Thermaltake PSU is it using? I'd rather build my own even if the cost were the same,and the system would definitely benefit from having dual channel RAM.