Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what headphones to get

ok man god bless you, you helped me so much and I just orders the akg k702 for 160 USD :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yadinmere said:

ok man god bless you, you helped me so much and I just orders the akg k702 for 160 USD :)

let me know if you like them and if you don't then come with the complaints you have and then I might be able to find a headphone that suits you better in sound

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, yadinmere said:

and will I need an amp if so what is the cheapest I can get away with

and one very last thing what do you think about the amp thing will i need one and if so i dont have like a lot of budget left 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, yadinmere said:

@Dackzy dude amp...  

and not like it matters but did you hear about the AD700x

Yes, they are quite bass light, also the wing design is a very love or hate thing. Well the cheapest amp I would get would be the one that comes in the fx audio DAC X6, it has both a DAC and amp and cost about $70 or so.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, yadinmere said:

I haven't tried them in many years, but what I remember is really horrible comfort, because the pads are terrible and then sharp highs.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dackzy How are to focal elex's for gaming? I see that you mentioned that you use them. I'm just curious about the imaging and sound stage. (Noob here, currently use the massdrop pc37x and im looking to upgrade)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chiraaaag said:

@Dackzy How are to focal elex's for gaming? I see that you mentioned that you use them. I'm just curious about the imaging and sound stage. (Noob here, currently use the massdrop pc37x and im looking to upgrade)

the soundstage is decent nothing mindblowing for me at least, but the imaging is on point, like it is really really good, but they are $700 headphones so they aren't cheap.

They have a slim drop in the upper mids, while having fairly forward mids too and on the aggressive side of things, the bass is tight, but they can clip if you listen to bass heavy music above a certain volume and at times the highs can have a bit of a metally zing to them, but I found that the last one really also depends on the song.  Lastly they are quite heavy too, so that might be an issue, like my HD 580 or K612 feel like having nothing on compared to the elex. I do think that they are worth $700, but I probably wouldn't go from PC37X and then to Elex, at least not without you hearing them and having some form of a DAC and amp.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

the soundstage is decent nothing mindblowing for me at least, but the imaging is on point, like it is really really good, but they are $700 headphones so they aren't cheap.

They have a slim drop in the upper mids, while having fairly forward mids too and on the aggressive side of things, the bass is tight, but they can clip if you listen to bass heavy music above a certain volume and at times the highs can have a bit of a metally zing to them, but I found that the last one really also depends on the song.  Lastly they are quite heavy too, so that might be an issue, like my HD 580 or K612 feel like having nothing on compared to the elex. I do think that they are worth $700, but I probably wouldn't go from PC37X and then to Elex, at least not without you hearing them and having some form of a DAC and amp.

You're right,i def shouldn't spend that much money without knowing anything about it. ended up buying a SHP9500 for now. Cheap and apparently really great at the price point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chiraaaag said:

You're right,i def shouldn't spend that much money without knowing anything about it. ended up buying a SHP9500 for now. Cheap and apparently really great at the price point.

yeah those are really really grainy sounding, I would return them or cancel the order if I was you

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×