The Pen is more dangerous than the Sword - Telsa founded OpenAI refuses to release text generating AI system due to how convincing it is

rcmaehl
1 hour ago, cj09beira said:

very true, they are already doing quite a lot of damage by themselves.

problem is there will be always some lunatic somewhere that will just do it, we seem to be very close to sky net being an actual thing. dangerous times ahead

At least Skynet might be more reasonable and easier to reason with than this group think currently ongoing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 2/15/2019 at 10:40 PM, Shreyas1 said:

From you perspective, this comment may not be from a real person but a bot.

Aren't we all bots? Nothing on the internet is ever real.

Get that AI to write books under aliases, it might write an absolute hit. Professional writers beware, soon your jobs will be automated too!

2 hours ago, CookieSmasherGus said:

Get that AI to write books under aliases, it might write an absolute hit. Professional writers beware, soon your jobs will be automated too!

As someone who content writes for a living, this legit scares me. :/ 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

This is very impressive technology and like all things involving AI, very scary.

6 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

Makes me wonder how many jobs that artificial intelligence will dominate...

19 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

Sorry bro. Not saying this will happen soon, but it never hurts to have some back up plans yknow?

12 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

This is very impressive technology and like all things involving AI, very scary.

Makes me wonder how many jobs that artificial intelligence will dominate...

It depends just how good it really is at writing texts that people will read. It seems to just generate text based on some keywords, maybe after some careful analysis it doesn't actually hold up. But with the prevalence of fake news these days it's like most people who read news articles just don't think too hard while reading. If it writes good TheOnion articles that might be cool, wouldn't want BigBrotherAI to deliver the news that I want to hear. 

I PROMISE TO USE IT ONLY TOO GENERATE COPYPASTA IN SHAKESPEAREAN AND NOTHING ELSE

3 hours ago, CookieSmasherGus said:

Sorry bro. Not saying this will happen soon, but it never hurts to have some back up plans yknow?

Ruby on Rails sounds like it's pretty easy to learn, right?

Right?

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

Oh come on, if it's possible someone else will get there sooner or later, with or without OpenAI's help. How ironic is it that OpenAI would try to keep something undisclosed? This is hardly worse than partially human generated spam that is already widespread. Get your news from an outlet you trust and check the sources, it's that simple.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:09 AM, Radium_Angel said:

BTW gang, the software in question, at least a reduced function one, IS available

You just have to know where to look (I work with ML/RNN/AI systems as a hobby)

but I'll save you some time and give you a link to the "reduced function" one

http://aiweirdness.com/

Enjoy

Is that your blog? Cool stuff!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Oh come on, if it's possible someone else will get there sooner or later, with or without OpenAI's help. How ironic is it that OpenAI would try to keep something undisclosed? This is hardly worse than partially human generated spam that is already widespread. Get your news from an outlet you trust and check the sources, it's that simple.

Is that your blog? Cool stuff!

Not mine, but I"ve worked with the author before.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 hours ago, CookieSmasherGus said:

It depends just how good it really is at writing texts that people will read. It seems to just generate text based on some keywords, maybe after some careful analysis it doesn't actually hold up. But with the prevalence of fake news these days it's like most people who read news articles just don't think too hard while reading. If it writes good TheOnion articles that might be cool, wouldn't want BigBrotherAI to deliver the news that I want to hear. 

If it can learn and improve as it uses more and more then I think there's no telling how accurate it could get. As it writes more it can learn better and it has vast library of articles and journalism websites to gather information on. I agree, I don't like the idea of my news coming from an AI either, but to some extent we probably already do.

Some websites and message boards are using this advanced AI.   I refuse to support or mentions these sites, because my comments will show up in Google search.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

I really like AI system. and would like to read more posts like this. I have read a similar thing on artículos de tecnología . I am currently working on some ML things.

So OpenAI created a better CNN.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

So when are they going to create an "A.I." to monitor and counter the other "A.I." I want to see an I.Robot/Terminator 2 type battle between them.

I'm truly excited for the day to come where we have a home based AI assistant just like in the movie Her with Scarlett Johansson, not that i would want to have some type of pseudo relationship with her like in the film but i think it'll be amazing to have something (someone?) like that to talk to and assist us with our lives.  10 or so years from now we'll be laughing at how horrible Siri and Alexa were. 

Well it will start with a movie script writing and we may end up with a application that will write full movie scrips and then create a full realistic looking CGI movies with any actor you may want just by inputting few parameters. Sounds cool :D 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440