I5-4690k partial stability

Hello,

I have been trying to stabilize my OC in the past few weeks and there is some issues, would like to have so different opinion about it. 

Computer is:

I5-4690K OC to 4.5Ghz with 1.250V

Gigabyte Z97x gaming 7 

Gigabyte Gtx 1060

The CPU on idle is around 42-46 c

After AIDA64 for few hours average around 75 and max 82. I'm happy with the temperature on max load as AIDA64 really not simulating real-world temp, with day to day work (editing, browsing, gaming) it is maximum average around 65c.

When I try to enable C3 and C1E, the OC is not stable anymore, even with additional Voltage, with C states disabled there is no problem at all to work fluently. 

Any suggestion why?

Thanks. 

C states suck, dont enable them. I got 4.7GHz at 1.335V on my I5 4690K with mid 80s in temps iirc, cooler was an NH-D14 with Fracral Dyanmic fans on it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 minutes ago, TalElmishali said:

When I try to enable C3 and C1E, the OC is not stable anymore, even with additional Voltage, with C states disabled there is no problem at all to work fluently. 

Any suggestion why?

Thanks. 

What PSU are you using?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

44 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

What PSU are you using?

Seasonic M12II 620 BRONZE ; SS-620GM2 80Plus Power Supply

Turn off c states

Even when I'm idling at 5ghz my CPU barely pulls 27w with all states disabled

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

C States are power saving options, which are the opposite of overclocking which is something that makes the CPU use more power

If you want to save power or run the CPU at low frequencies you'll need to underclock and undervolt.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I just want it to not always run on full 4.5Ghz and full 1.250V, so the C1E looks like a good idea, it is probably more cooling issue than C state. Thanks.

8 hours ago, TalElmishali said:

Seasonic M12II 620 BRONZE ; SS-620GM2 80Plus Power Supply

Not good, so pls don't OC with that PSU:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/858096-why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-s12iim12ii-in-2017-or-later-years/?tab=comments#comment-10681173

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

As long as it stable with no C state, there is really other reason why not to OC with it? And would it explain why with C1E it would be unstable? Or is it just C states not stable in general.  

I should mention that when it crashes with the C1E - it just restart the computer, no blue screen or anything, might point to PSU problem.