Youtube forced content creator Rob Dyke to stop using his real name as it was a slur

Syntaxvgm

"By curtailing frivolous and "fighting" words, the Party seeks to narrow the range of thought altogether, such that eventually, thoughtcrime will be literally impossible"

Just now, poochyena said:

youtube is not a monoply.

they effectively are, there is no alternative that offers the same sort of service level youtube does. They are a monopoly both for their platform, and the audience they hold. Also their ability to consistently eat losses. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 minutes ago, poochyena said:

"Hicks" is another one I know of.

This one hits close to home seeing as one of my friends has that last name.

Thanks YouTube for making me realize his last name is technically a slur.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

6 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

there is no alternative that offers the same sort of service level youtube does.

I just listed several websites that do offer an alternative...

6 minutes ago, poochyena said:

I just listed several websites that do offer an alternative...

the fact that you'd claim twitter, facebook, tik tok or tumblr provide a video service that can in any way compete with youtube is laughable. You know that's not the case. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

the fact that you'd claim twitter, facebook, tik tok or tumblr provide a video service that can in any way compete with youtube is laughable. You know that's not the case. 

Can you not upload and watch videos on all those services?

6 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Can you not upload and watch videos on all those services?

by that logic McDoanlds is a direct and equal competitor to Olive Garden because they both serve salad. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

by that logic McDoanlds is a direct and equal competitor to Olive Garden because they both serve salad. 

they do compete with each other, yes.

Is Youtube still losing Google money? Hosting video is very expensive, Google are doing it with the absolute bare minimum of employees so can't give what seems like (to us) a reasonable level of attention to each issue that arises. Youtube is free, you can't expect great service unless you are a great asset to them.

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

they are. They can detect stuff like Dyke said verbally to and demonetize for that too. 

what if you say it with an indian accent tho

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

16 minutes ago, poochyena said:

they do compete with each other, yes.

they are not direct competitors. In the same way that those other platforms are not trying to provide a service like youtube. 

muh specs 

All parts black

24 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

what if you say it with an indian accent tho

T Series conspiracy confirmed. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

T Series conspiracy confirmed. 

u9il6At.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Another proof Google is run by special snowflake idiots.

28 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

they are not direct competitors.

They both compete for the same customers. If you want to get food, you have to choose between those two.

If two companies provide the same need, then they compete with each other. If I want to look at bunny videos, I have to make the choice between youtube, twitter, tumblr, reddit, facebook, instagram, tik tok, etc.
Back in 2006, youtube was really the only place you could watch bunny videos. That isn't true in 2019.

1 minute ago, poochyena said:

They both compete for the same customers. If you want to get food, you have to choose between those two.

If two companies provide the same need, then they compete with each other. If I want to look at bunny videos, I have to make the choice between youtube, twitter, tumblr, reddit, facebook, instagram, tik tok, etc.
Back in 2006, youtube was really the only place you could watch bunny videos. That isn't true in 2019.

Content like LTT doesn't happen on any of those other platforms, as they are not video providers first and they would not grow or survive, nor do most of them even offer the ability to upload long form content like that in high quality. The amount of bunny videos you can watch is not a metric of a successful video site in 2019. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I think a better comparison would be that McDonalds competes with Costco.

The two of them sell food, but as completely different platforms.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

relevant: 

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Youtube is the worst. This guy is the worst. Not only did he give in he actually legally changed his fucking name because of the fact that other people created a different and unreleated word that means a slur. He's empowering them. I have no sympathy for him at all.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Content like LTT doesn't happen on any of those other platforms, as they are not video providers first and they would not grow or survive, nor do most of them even offer the ability to upload long form content like that in high quality. The amount of bunny videos you can watch is not a metric of a successful video site in 2019. 

thats irrelevant. If two companies fill the same need, then they compete with each other.

Whether they provide the same service is irrelevant. The need they fill is what is relevant. A car and a horse and carriage are different in a million ways, yet companies selling those 2 things in 1905 were competitors.
There are very few needs that youtube fills that no other website also fills.

43 minutes ago, FrostyRob said:

I just wish people spent more time being productive members of society rather than looking for things that may or may not be offensive.

That's offensive.

Kappa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

45 minutes ago, poochyena said:

thats irrelevant. If two companies fill the same need, then they compete with each other.

Whether they provide the same service is irrelevant. The need they fill is what is relevant. A car and a horse and carriage are different in a million ways, yet companies selling those 2 things in 1905 were competitors.
There are very few needs that youtube fills that no other website also fills.

And they don't fill the same need....lol

Also this comparison was better than mine 

1 hour ago, Suika said:

I think a better comparison would be that McDonalds competes with Costco.

The two of them sell food, but as completely different platforms.

muh specs 

All parts black

Context is ludicrously hard for automated systems to discover, but corporations,  governments and copyright holders want magically instant responses, which effectively requires automated systems for these things, and google only knows how ludicrously long the backlog of appealed cases are. 

Not trying to give an excuse, but it's more of a reality check. SJ and PC censorship is demonstatively against the basic monetization principles of these companies. They wouldn't bother if other groups weren't trying to force them to do so. So let's not try to pretend like youtube or FB are particularly pro-censorship at the same time 'the powers that be' go out of their way to try to criticize and force those companies to combat the 'extremism or piracy or whatever else they object to'. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS