DO YOU BELIEVE THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE AGES OF 34 AND 40 CANT PLAY PC GAMES?

benjaminr

HighDistortion is like 33 and has the most kills in Fortnite. ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

HighDistortion is like 33 and has the most kills in Fortnite. ;)

He'll only have the record till his birthday then :( 

Yes, I think so because most people don´t care as much about gaming as they used. This, of course, means they play fewer hours which makes them a worse player.

I for example used to get toxic very fast when I lose but my attitude change over the last years.

I'm almost 37 and wife is 39. We both play video games.

Most of my WoW guild are in their 40s and 50s.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

On 2/11/2019 at 10:18 AM, benjaminr said:

DO YOU BELIEVE  THAT MOST PEOPLE  WHICH HAVE AGES  OF 34 AND  40 CANT PLAY PC GAMES? IN THEIR  LIFE?

!!!!!!!!!SOME TECH COMPANIES EVEN HOST LAN PARTIES!!!!!!!!

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

On 2/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, Minibois said:

Most people that age don't seem to make time for games in their lives. They have other things they perceive to be more important.

Yes, thats the deal. Lots of ppl lose interest in games (thats why "modern games suck 1!1") or just value other stuff more. 

For me gaming will always be a high priority (I think, as it is today and even in a not-so-healthy way) but also things can change.

I love reading and always did, but when I was younger I used to read 1 book per week, and now I dont have time or will to do that. I still read, but now I choose the books way more carefully and take a longer time. You can do the same with games, music, movies or sports. Just find the balance and you can keep doing your hobbies.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

On 2/11/2019 at 11:46 AM, Sauron said:

No. My favourite counter example:

this guy is almost 50 and he plays a game on pc.

Also, drop the pointless capslock.

That's increasingly less true with the advent of mobile games like candy crush. They won't sit down at a pc with the intent to play a game for two hours straight, but they will play in their spare time or on the bus.

That's nothing bro, there's a grandmother big into Skyrim and she's like 82.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzkY7wa8Ksxv4M5NyUYgTmA

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

NAH DUDE

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 2/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, benjaminr said:

I AM 37  YEARS OLD

THEN WHY HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED TO USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE?

Seriously, disable Caps Lock.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

27 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

I played World of Warcraft for years and we had a guildie who was something like 76 or so. He wasn't bad at the game, either; did raids pretty regularly and everything.

Personally, I don't see any reason why old folks couldn't play games just as well as young'uns.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Moms (59) been playing World of Tanks, World of Warships, (Gran Turismo 2) the last few years because I gave her my old RIG. (4670+HD7870, now an i7 4790+GTX970))

She'd throw the PC at you if you said she couldn't play games...

She loves and hates World of ^Games,... but really does not like shooter games,.. which I've TRIED AND TRIED to get her into (BRoyale/Headset feels)

But she's happy with less intense reaction styles than insta-Gib or shooting FPS playstyles.. but very very proud she gives it a go.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Guess my friend's 48 year old dad that played PSVR for an hour or two when said friend got it is just a figment of my imagination. ?‍♂️

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Unfortunately, as we get older, we will naturally lose reflex and reaction time. But then again, video games have been shown to help with that. So maybe it will balance out. So maybe some older people lose interest as they find kids are stomping them in games but other dedicated players will probably not suffer too much. I think. I'm kind of speculating.

But I see no reason that people my age can't game on PC. I've been gaming on PC off and on since I was like 6 or 7. Back in the old days when turning one on was like firing up a jet engine lol. I think I was like twelve or thirteen when my family finally got a permanent PC. Before that I was messing around on laptops and computers my dad would borrow from work for projects. Ever since then I have been gaming on PC and I'm 33 now. 

Now granted, there was and still is a lot of console usage that takes up my gaming time and to be honest, I don't game on PC as much as I used to. When I was a teen I would pretty much game on PC all day with some gaps where I didn't touch it much because I was playing games like MGS on the PlayStation. But even though I don't game as much on PC, it isn't like I abandoned it.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:18 PM, benjaminr said:

DO YOU BELIEVE  THAT MOST PEOPLE  WHICH HAVE AGES  OF 34 AND  40 CANT PLAY PC GAMES? IN THEIR  LIFE?

I DON'T KNOW MAN WHY WOULD THEY?

On 2/11/2019 at 1:27 PM, Speakerator said:

NO! YOU WILL LOOSE YOU ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES ONCE YOU TURN 34!! IT'S THE LAW!!

DAMN CALL LOGAN WE NEED TO RUN!

On 2/11/2019 at 1:59 PM, benjaminr said:

I AM 37  YEARS OLD

ME TOO BROTHER WHAT HAVE WE DONE WITH OUR LIVES!?

I'm 53 yo and like to stand on the street corner with my pants around my ankles while wearing my OG Galaga tshirt ?

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

nah, they need to be at least 69 to be able to play any games properly. 

while also whining about how they were better in the  olden-days

guy at my work is 50 has 1500 games on steam collects vintage snes games spectrum games commodore games

and has metro exodus preordered and is taking the day off work to play it

9 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

But Ben Finegold is hilarious, and he's actually good at chess.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

35 here.  Due to work, family obligations and overall lack of free time I don't game as often as I'd like but I squeeze it in where I can.  I have no plans on stopping.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:07 PM, Raskolnikov said:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzkY7wa8Ksxv4M5NyUYgTmA

Shirley Curry is the best! shes such a wholesome person

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Man, y’all talking about being 50, 30, 33, and whatnot

im sitting here like, im 15 hello ?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Age is a state of mind.....  ;)

It's all in the attitude.

I'm 46 (but no grey hair and I keep all of it xD , strong and healthy, as I don't drink neither smoke, and was quite into sports), and am quite decent in Planetside 2. Meaning, not and ace, but not easy to frag me, and I have even needed to uninstall it 3 times, as I'm not of the kind that sits one hour and cuts it. And one needs the time for the freelancing, lol. So, been a very long while ( 1 year, I believe) since last match.  Altho using a MSI Afterburner utility or the like to see the time in overlay, or having ye good old clock in the table helps a lot. It's doable, have done it, but lately even that hour is better used in something else.

I was tier 4 (back then there where only 4 tiers. Dunno later) in Quake Live (before it was closed to get moved to steam, I never clicked with Steam...) , back then I spent my good 2- 3 hours daily, with often sessions of 5 - 7 hours  !! And got a nice skill, was well approaching my forties, if I remember well.

Look, I am a 3D modeler, pixel artist, digital painter, animator and web coder. Seems is not like age is affecting any of that... If anything, take care of your eyesight, that's a great advice.... And games are a second nature to me, while in my childhood THERE WERE NO computers... Was only in my 15s, that I got an Spectrum, I believe, and coded a game with it. Before that, it was the green and orange pre PC machines, the XTs, and also the arcade machines in the pubs. Meaning, I've played invaders there, and later international karate, Street Fighter, etc, lol. It was an addiction already, as with with just one coin u could stay A LONG time, with skill. Indeed, because of that, skill was super key, we had to have it to play, while in the consoles time,which was quite later on, was not super essential, games where more casual, and your "coin" was not an issue. So... that plus we are the generation of the "Quake-cons", the LAN parties+modding events, and got into the MORPGs once already having a job and money (most), it clicked as a novelty with us, as well.  

I do not recommend gaming tho, to anyone, if is something you can't control to get below one hour (well, neither social media) or so per day. Is too much of your life you could be doing past that time. 1 hour is fine, as is good for training reflexes (heck, did I get those with Quake, Unreal, etc) and some other abilities, plus is an adrenaline drop, but more than that... dunno, my personal take. I'd prefer to vote for board games. Not because I'm involved in making art for those (which I am), but because I've learned through it that those are way more social : Is not u and your screen, you get to talk and interact with other people "in person", instead of joe517 and wolverine81. There's a huge difference. Even if it were only so that makes u move your butt from the chair. And I mean both board and card games. Of course, nothing is excluding the other : You can do all with good organization....