So I bought a "Macro pad" from the same company in Tarren's last video.

corrado33

I bought a "Sweet 16" macro pad from 1up keyboards after watching Tarren's recent video. (Buying their kit is much easier than all the autohotkey stuff tarren was doing.) It's honestly the cheapest I've EVER seen a macro pad, probably because you have to solder the entire thing together yourself. 

https://www.1upkeyboards.com/shop/keyboard-kits/sweet-16-macro-pad-black/

While the instructions on the website were absolute shite, I eventually got it working. The soldering wasn't bad... but then again I've been soldering for years and have the right tools. Some of the solder pads on the board were a bit.... small, but it all works fine, I just had to be careful.

Honestly though, this thing is super cool, and the amount of things you can do with it are amazing. It's all powered by an arduino, so you could even write custom firmware if you wanted. I spent $50 total on this thing, while other similar products are up in the hundreds of dollars range. Like THIS, for example. Right now I have it working just with the default keypad file that they tell you to download (essentially makes it a numberpad) but I'm in the process of making my own with the software that they tell you to download. Mine may only have 16 buttons, but it can have many "layers" which means I can make it do 100s of different things. I'm so impressed by it's customizability that I may go back and buy a complete keyboard kit from them. I highly suggest you go check it out if you know how to solder and like to work with macros. Super cool piece of kit. AND, it's portable. Your macros on one computer will work with another computer (provided the macro doesn't require any software that's not installed on the other computer.) After it's programmed, it just acts like a keyboard, with plug and play functionality. It's great. 

If you do buy it and have questions and can't figure out how to program the damn thing, message me, I'll help you. (Their discord was useless.) (The trick is to push the reset button twice then choose the correct com port and the "program" button all within 8 seconds. After 8 seconds the currently loaded program begins to run and you can no longer program it with the bootloader.)

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post so I’m hoping you still see this:

I’m having trouble flashing my Sweet16. Do you know of any .ino files that can handle inputs from the board? QMK is giving me all types of problems.