Does anyone here play MOBA games?

Mr.Muffins

Just wondering if anyone here plays League of Legends or anything similar to it? I've played DOTA before, but I didn't have anyone to teach me how to play.

"Perfection is not the end, it's the beginning." 

[First Build] [About Me]

I play League of Legends. IMO DOTA is more difficult than League, but that's coming from a mainly league player.  (I've also played Smite and both are def. easier than DOTA).

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I've never played DOTA but I've played large amounts of League and HotS, switching between the two but League generally comes out on top. 

I played about 2 games of Smite and decided it was weird.

| Core i7 8700 | 16GB GSkill Trident Z | Asus Strix H370-F | Asus Strix GTX 1070Ti | Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Samsung 970 Evo 250GB | Lian Li Lancool One |

| Acer Predator XB271HU | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G502 | Neewer NW-7000 Condenser | AKG K92 |

@zlolslavez

Nice. Yeah, I agree that DOTA is way more difficult, especially if you are used to playing League. I haven't been playing as often as I like since I don't have a permanent computer to play with all the time (I also work full time). I haven't played smite yet, how does it compare to League?

@TheBigZeeek

I've played DOTA twice, I was so lost in the mechanics and items, I literally charged (and fed the opposing team) like Leroy Jenkins... I haven't played HotS yet, how does it compare to League? (Fast paced? Quicker or longer matches?)

I've played Strife a looong time ago, It's similar to League, but it felt empty. (Almost like a cheap copy of it)

I wonder if there are any upcoming MOBA games on the radar...

[First Build] [About Me]

39 minutes ago, Mr.Muffins said:

I've played DOTA twice, I was so lost in the mechanics and items, I literally charged (and fed the opposing team) like Leroy Jenkins... I haven't played HotS yet, how does it compare to League? (Fast paced? Quicker or longer matches?)

I've played Strife a looong time ago, It's similar to League, but it felt empty. (Almost like a cheap copy of it)

I wonder if there are any upcoming MOBA games on the radar...

HotS is easy to pick up, there's no items, no farming for gold and the whole team level together. So kind of replaces farming with XP soaking and you choose talents which augment your abilities instead of buying items. The games are generally shorter and it's much easier, imo, to just pick up and play. League requires much more of my attention and skill (not that I'm any good). Although something about it just makes me feel like League is the much better game, the mechanics are clunky and the particles are quite messy making things like team fights harder to follow.

MOBA games aren't released much, it's hard to compete with games like League and Dota. Not to mention every developer out there wants to make a battle royale instead ?‍♂️

| Core i7 8700 | 16GB GSkill Trident Z | Asus Strix H370-F | Asus Strix GTX 1070Ti | Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Samsung 970 Evo 250GB | Lian Li Lancool One |

| Acer Predator XB271HU | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G502 | Neewer NW-7000 Condenser | AKG K92 |

• 1 month later...

ive played league of legends on and off for years. Not so much ranked but it is fun. Spent more time and money on that game then i care to admit ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

Been playing league for 8 years now :D, it has a pretty much easy learning curve.

Motion Graphics Artist #RiotGames

@CJXander

Nice! I've been playing for almost 7 years now, sometimes on and off. I've been playing more and more recently since URF is permanent now, making the games quicker. It's just hard to play multiple normal 5v5's that last 35-45 minutes when you only have like 15 minutes to spare each day.

[First Build] [About Me]

Played dota for 4-5 years, I got pretty good at it (well, thats relative).

I dont play it anymore, I treat it like its alcohol for an alcoholic - it was REALLY bad for my life.

Still, the game is good, only my relation with it is unhealthy. I always watch tournements and like it better than playing.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I play once in a while. Rakan main EUW.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Been playing Dota 1 and 2 for almost 20 years lolz. Dota 2 has complex gameplay with unique game mechanic.

Obviously, it's not possible to understand it fully just by playing 2 games. Even though the meta change time to time, you actually will understand most basic things in 2,3 months.

I suggest you take a look at https://www.dotabuff.com

It covers most of basic things you need ( current itemization, meta, builts, strength and weakness of each hero and their counters