16gb or 32gb ram

MI'm purchasing my parts tomorrow, I was planning to get 16gb of ram for the system but the saleslady said that I should go with 32gb to future proof the system. 

I was thinking of picking up rgb ram but I realized in the rvz03 has no windows so I was thinking to pick up either of these choices

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000mhz cl15 16/32gb AMD 

T-force gaming TUF 3000mhz cl16 16/32gb AMD

Geil Dragon 3000mhz cl16 16/32GB AMD

G.skill RipjawsV 3000mhz cl16 16/32GB AMD

These are the one are for sale but not too sure which to get, the corsair one is the highest priced by $12

In Darkness We Seek A Light, In Light We Seek The Darkness.

Dennis Cromwell. 

With Questions We Seek An Answer, With A Answer We Seek Out More Questions.

My Interpretation. 

The Corsair kit is CL15, so it has that going for it at least. As for 16GB vs 32GB, mainly depends on how much you tend to leave open in the background unless you have specific written loads that will eat it up. Games really won't use more on their own. RAM prices are expected to drop through the next year or so so you could always start with 16GB and add more later. 

3 minutes ago, Livin said:

The Corsair kit is CL15, so it has that going for it at least. As for 16GB vs 32GB, mainly depends on how much you tend to leave open in the background unless you have specific written loads that will eat it up. Games really won't use more on their own. RAM prices are expected to drop through the next year or so so you could always start with 16GB and add more later. 

Ah nice thank you, I usually only leave my music window and my games so about 2-3 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

16GB would then for sure be enough. Can always upgrade in the future 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

19 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

Ah nice thank you, I usually only leave my music window and my games so about 2-3 

16 gigs. She's trying to upsell you. You'll never need 32 gigs unless you do tons of 4k and 8k video editing. 

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the general rule of thumb about 32GB ram is if you need to ask if you need it, you dont need it. (because if you do, you'll know you do)

Sorry first time builder lol

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

2 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

want to post full specs just in case there are some improvements that can be made?

yah as mentioned, if you need to ask if you need 32GB of RAM, you dont need it. 16GB is a good amount

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

want to post full specs just in case there are some improvements that can be made?

Sure

Silverstone RVZ03 

Ryzen R5 2600 (got free cooler) 

Msi B450i gaming plus 

Probably the corsair ram

Planning to buy either gigabyte windforce rtx 2070 or radeon vii

ADATA XPG SX8200 240gb 

Seagate firecuda 2.5inch 2tb sshd (the saleslady said fastest hdd) 

Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80 +platinum full modular 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

4 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80 +platinum full modular 

You might be able tl save a piece for a seasonic 650 watt gold rated SFX PSU, but otherwise its good.

4 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

Just get a regular 2,5 inch. HDDs just arent fast. Any old 2,5 inch drive would do the trick. 

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

You might be able tl save a piece for a seasonic 650 watt gold rated SFX PSU, but otherwise its good.

Just get a regular 2,5 inch. HDDs just arent fast. Any old 2,5 inch drive would do the trick. 

K thanks

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

9 hours ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

that's what forums are for ;)

8 hours ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

just get a regular 7200RPM HDD, from (A LOT of) experience, SSHD versus HDD in just about any real world usage is neglible.

16 hours ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

MI'm purchasing my parts tomorrow, I was planning to get 16gb of ram for the system but the saleslady said that I should go with 32gb to future proof the system. 

I was thinking of picking up rgb ram but I realized in the rvz03 has no windows so I was thinking to pick up either of these choices

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000mhz cl15 16/32gb AMD 

T-force gaming TUF 3000mhz cl16 16/32gb AMD

Geil Dragon 3000mhz cl16 16/32GB AMD

G.skill RipjawsV 3000mhz cl16 16/32GB AMD

These are the one are for sale but not too sure which to get, the corsair one is the highest priced by $12

Get the fastest and largest capacity your budget allows.  I'd actually get 3200Mhz ram, I have 32GB of the Corsair Vengeance myself.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

If you aren't doing anything intensive, 32GB is a waste.

If you close out of your stuff when you leave the chair, you'll likely not need more than 16 for a few years until bloat catches up. Youtube and other social media or complex scripted sites alone went from 30MB/tab to over 300MB in most cases. 4 browser windows, 4 tabs a piece in the background can easily munch 1.5GB-3GB of your memory depending on how much is going on with those tabs. So if you're tidy, you don't have anything to worry about. But if you're like me, I don't like bumping my head. So I understand that pickle.

Windows, abandoned browser tabs and windows that you aren't done with, a few office and adobe programs open and so on add up pretty quickly to a system using 55%-65% of available memory, leaving 6GB-7GB left if you wanted to fire up a game on a 16GB dual channel kit. And some AAA titles, especially in the era of 1440p and with 4k on the horizon still are probably going to eat that up pretty quickly, leaving your recreational / workstation work butting heads with your gaming sessions. If you don't have all of that work to worry about, or don't leave that kind of tab load open, you would sail fine with 16GB for years to come.

But I end up with things to study, research, find, work on and stuff that can get strung out for days. Saving it all is sort of a pain, I'd rather just have permission to be a desktop slob with my usage habits and not change my behavior. So the next system I get, will probably have 32GB of RAM, not because I'll use more than 20 of it, but because they don't make a kit for 20. And the difference between 16 and 32 of the decent speed stuff is $90. Knowing your CPU, SSD, GPU and everything else is in order, $60-$90 to never hit your head again because you're in the middle of too much isn't a bad deal.