Space Bar on CM MK750 MX Brown keyboard is being Stupid

TTesla

So if hit the spacebar from the right side (as I use my right thumb) with enough speed (to type fast) it does this stupid thing where the right side dips, but the center and left side stay where they are. This means my click doesn't register, and it feels awful as it gets momentarily stuck. Basically the right fake switch gets pressed down, but not the actual switch or the left fake switch. 

The keyboard is barely a few weeks old, got it new from amazon. How can I fix this problem?           

IMG_20190202_062110.thumb.jpg.8c68d29783b8985aec3ec2f8c567815f.jpg

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

If the space bar stabiliser is broken, you could just get a replacement. 

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

If the space bar stabiliser is broken, you could just get a replacement. 

Ok so this definitely isn't supposed to happen?

I don't think I broke anything, it's always been like this.

Should I contact amazon or cooler master about this?

13 minutes ago, TeenTesla said:

Ok so this definitely isn't supposed to happen?

I don't think I broke anything, it's always been like this.

Should I contact amazon or cooler master about this?

The stabiliser (the black parts on both sides of the space bar) are connected together, so if one side is pressed down, the other is also dragged down with it. Since that doesn't seem to happen, it's probably somehow broken. 

Amazon first. 

:)

On 2/2/2019 at 8:41 AM, seon123 said:

The stabiliser (the black parts on both sides of the space bar) are connected together, so if one side is pressed down, the other is also dragged down with it. Since that doesn't seem to happen, it's probably somehow broken. 

Amazon first. 

So they just gave me a 25% discount and told me to go talk to CM about it.

I flipped my space bar upside down, and now the problem is gone. (Except if I quickly press the spacebar on the left side). So I think that means it might be my actual spacebar key that is broken somehow?

If so, how can I replace it? (bc it feels slightly weird with it upside down).

Can you take a picture of the underside of the spacebar? The stems might be broken. If so, then you would have to buy a new one. Where are you located?

1 hour ago, TeenTesla said:

bc it feels slightly weird with it upside down

Inverted spacebar is best spacebar.

The spacebar keycap might just be causing this.

I have a Coolermaster keyboard on which I changed out all the keycaps; the spacebar does this exact thing you described (except it unclips the right side, as I use my left thumb), while the normal keycap does not do this.

Consider contacting Coolermaster/Amazon support to see if you can get a replacement spacebar keycap to see if this is the issue.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Can you take a picture of the underside of the spacebar? The stems might be broken. If so, then you would have to buy a new one. Where are you located?

Inverted spacebar is best spacebar.

Wait, people seriously invert their spacebar on purpose? Why?

After about a day of using this spacebar config, the only difference I am finding is that it's a bit further away from my thumb, and curves awkwardly...

Here are the pictures, I don't notice that anything is noticeably broken, but am not sure.

IMG_20190204_195933.jpg

IMG_20190204_195936.jpg

IMG_20190204_195941.jpg

1 hour ago, TeenTesla said:

-snip-

Yup, it's fairly common to invert your spacebar. Personal preference, not everyone likes it.

Nothing out of the ordinary stands out. Look closely at the stems, can you see any cracks?

Also, did you make sure that when you place it on the switch and stabilizers, that all three are inserted?

8 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Yup, it's fairly common to invert your spacebar. Personal preference, not everyone likes it.

Nothing out of the ordinary stands out. Look closely at the stems, can you see any cracks?

Also, did you make sure that when you place it on the switch and stabilizers, that all three are inserted?

No cracks, all three go in. Maybe I am being a bit too aggressive with my typing?

2 hours ago, TeenTesla said:

No cracks, all three go in. Maybe I am being a bit too aggressive with my typing?

No, no matter how aggressive you are it should be able to withstand your typing. Another thing you can check is the stabilizers (fake switch). Lift one of them up and make sure that the other lifts up with it. If it doesn't, either the stabilizer and/or the wire holding them together.

9 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

No, no matter how aggressive you are it should be able to withstand your typing. Another thing you can check is the stabilizers (fake switch). Lift one of them up and make sure that the other lifts up with it. If it doesn't, either the stabilizer and/or the wire holding them together.

I found the issue. Both go up and down with each other no problem.

However: when I hit fast on the right side, the left stabilizer detaches from stem, and thus the right side gets pressed but the left and middle don't. This also explains the momentary 'stuckness' feeling afterwards, as the stem has to go back on the stabilizer.

Since inverting the spacebar does work, I think the issue is with the stem and not the actual stabilizer?

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2019 at 5:25 AM, TeenTesla said:

So if hit the spacebar from the right side (as I use my right thumb) with enough speed (to type fast) it does this stupid thing where the right side dips, but the center and left side stay where they are. This means my click doesn't register, and it feels awful as it gets momentarily stuck. Basically the right fake switch gets pressed down, but not the actual switch or the left fake switch. 

The keyboard is barely a few weeks old, got it new from amazon. How can I fix this problem?           

The same thing happens to me but I have to remove the space bar and put it back in

On 2/5/2019 at 4:04 PM, TeenTesla said:

the left stabilizer detaches from stem

Try the paper towel mod, which helps hold on lose keys. Tear a very small piece of paper towel, about 2 or 3 mm across, just slightly larger then the top of the stabilizer stem. Slightly moisten it and place it on top of the stabilizer + then place the keycap back on. If it goes well it should have a more snug fit.