Just got a brand new monitor, Dead pixel?

UsernamePassword

For new people visiting this thread, After I touched the pixel with my finger it moved down.

_______

Just got my ultrawide monitor,

Spend a grand on it and as soon as I pack it up and start it I see this

VqBHTxA.png

According to the websites pixel policy where I bought it 1 dead pixel is "FINE" and they wont issue a replacement.

I am so annoyed that I spend this kind of money just to get a display with a dead pixel, It's not stuck, Pitch black.

I can't even see if it's more than 1 pixel, Might be?

I have a 14 day "Try out and if you don't like it return it" policy,

Would you return the monitor for 1 dead pixel? 

Thanks...

Update: 

Ok so I tried "Flinching" at it a bit with my finger, NOT HARD (Super soft), The pixel dropped like 5cm down, Im not even kidding, The DEAD PIXEL MOVED?

When It dropped down a bit on the monitor it got even more visible (Like now it's closer to the center...)

I would try to return the monitor, even though it wouldn't fall into the EU made regulations for screens (which is like 3 dead pixels or 5 subpixels per million or something).

That regulation is kind of horseshit, IMO: you expect to buy a monitor with a resultion; not that resolution minus 1 (or 2) pixel(s).

But whatcha gonna do.. It's not like they will change it for the better of the consumer.. :( 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

how big is the monitor/ what resolution/ how close to the edge of the display is the pixel?

I've dumped monitors for having a dead pixel in the center 50% of the display because it's bothersome. But honestly if it's in the edges and the screen is small enough/ high enough pixel density / you sit far enough away from it, I wouldn't sweat it. The next one might have a dead pixel right squarely in the center of the display.

When you see it you'll sigh and be frustrated but if it's not in the center portion of the screen or where white pixels tend to be frequently that won't happen very often.

Try fixing it maybe? There are programs to repeatedly flash rainbow colors over a small area on your screen, sometimes that fixes stuck pixels (I've personally had it work), and you can literally massage them away sometimes too.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

1 minute ago, violentnumeric said:

Try fixing it maybe? There are programs to repeatedly flash rainbow colors over a small area on your screen, sometimes that fixes stuck pixels (I've personally had it work), and you can literally massage them away sometimes too.

not when they're dead soldiers, they're just boned

5 minutes ago, Eldwyn23 said:

how big is the monitor/ what resolution/ how close to the edge of the display is the pixel?

I've dumped monitors for having a dead pixel in the center 50% of the display because it's bothersome. But honestly if it's in the edges and the screen is small enough/ high enough pixel density / you sit far enough away from it, I wouldn't sweat it. The next one might have a dead pixel right squarely in the center of the display.

When you see it you'll sigh and be frustrated but if it's not in the center portion of the screen or where white pixels tend to be frequently that won't happen very often.

Display: C49HG90 

It's 3840x1080

Pixel is on the right side towards the top, Sure you don't really see it when you game but it's still annoying.

1 minute ago, violentnumeric said:

These tools tries to fix stuck pixels, I tried them and this is a dead pixel.

I tried taking a qtip without success

that's not 1 Pixel, those are 2 Pixels, and are you seriously asking people if it's fair to return a monitor for a dead pixel? ofc it's unreasonable to have a defect like that, you should RMA it

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, TriTexas said:

Display: C49HG90 

It's 3840x1080

Pixel is on the right side towards the top, Sure you don't really see it when you game but it's still annoying.

These tools tries to fix stuck pixels, I tried them and this is a dead pixel.

I tried taking a qtip without success

Did you buy it in the store or online? If in store, return it ask for a replacement and then bring a laptop with hdmi or whatever to test it there before you even leave.

15 minutes ago, Eldwyn23 said:

Did you buy it in the store or online? If in store, return it ask for a replacement and then bring a laptop with hdmi or whatever to test it there before you even leave.

I bought it online but it shouldn't affect the outcome

30 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

that's not 1 Pixel, those are 2 Pixels, and are you seriously asking people if it's fair to return a monitor for a dead pixel? ofc it's unreasonable to have a defect like that, you should RMA it

Ok so I tried "Flinching" at it a bit with my finger, NOT HARD (Super soft), The pixel dropped like 5cm down, Im not even kidding, The DEAD PIXEL MOVED?

When It dropped down a bit on the monitor it got even more visible (Like now it's closer to the center...)

Maybe some piece of small plastic dust? That's even more deserving of an RMA than a dead pixel.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

1 hour ago, TriTexas said:

Okay, that would lead me to believe it's a connection gone screwy, try giving the frame a shunt? gentle rap a tap tap? maybe the ribbon cable got messed with in transport

20 minutes ago, Eldwyn23 said:

Okay, that would lead me to believe it's a connection gone screwy, try giving the frame a shunt? gentle rap a tap tap? maybe the ribbon cable got messed with in transport

Tried shaking a bit on the monitor etc without result,

Tried multiple inputs (PC; PS4, Switch (All go to different ports) and pixel is still there.

It just sucks that the pixel moved down because now it's more noticible than before

Here is before and after I touched it (Notice the blue lines for reference):

aPJycXX.png 0nEUf3F.png

Tried shaking a bit on the monitor etc without result,

Tried multiple inputs (PC; PS4, Switch (All go to different ports) and pixel is still there.

It just sucks that the pixel moved down because now it's more noticible than before

Here is before and after I touched it (Notice the blue lines for reference):

aPJycXX.png 0nEUf3F.png

last thing I would try is giving the chassis a flex  and see if that helps, otherwise I'd just rma it and call it a day

13 minutes ago, Eldwyn23 said:

last thing I would try is giving the chassis a flex  and see if that helps, otherwise I'd just rma it and call it a day

Not gonna try to flex the monitor.

larger risk of it actually breaking over a dead pixel.

I will have it for the weekend, Playing games and restarting it time on time and see if it disapears, 

Linus made a video on this I just saw and sometimes dead pixel's recover?

I coulöd also try to keep touching it and see what happens

I'

Not gonna try to flex the monitor.

larger risk of it actually breaking over a dead pixel.

I will have it for the weekend, Playing games and restarting it time on time and see if it disapears, 

Linus made a video on this I just saw and sometimes dead pixel's recover?

I coulöd also try to keep touching it and see what happens

You could always try burning some incense and praying to it, lol. I've been prodding at my second monitor for months and it hasn't gotten any better, but I have my fingers crossed for you.

Just now, Eldwyn23 said:

I'

You could always try burning some incense and praying to it, lol. I've been prodding at my second monitor for months and it hasn't gotten any better, but I have my fingers crossed for you.

It would have been so much better if the pixel was just in one of the corners, Not so close to the left center on the screen

2 minutes ago, TriTexas said:

It would have been so much better if the pixel was just in one of the corners, Not so close to the left center on the screen

trust me, before I broke my 43" 4k tv I was using as my main gaming display, sitting two feet from it and using it for my racing wheel, I had accidentally skipped my lighter into it and gave it a blemish. only saving grace was when I was using it with my, wheel the wheel and my hand covered it. Still sucked a big old load but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. 

6 hours ago, syn2112 said:

Lot of screen manufactures and according to EU law, anything under 3 pixels isn’t warranty enough for replacement 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Gave it another smack, Dropped down by another .5cm.

So another 5000 beatings and it might get to the lower screen I guess....

Reference how far down it's now: kHrVTvI.png

Well a dead pixel wont move lol.

Thats dirt trapped in the panel.

You can either try to shift it down to the bottom of the screen so its not noticable, or RMA. Its not a dead pixel.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

Well a dead pixel wont move lol.

Thats dirt trapped in the panel.

You can either try to shift it down to the bottom of the screen so its not noticable, or RMA. Its not a dead pixel.

That kinda makes sense, But dirt behind a brand new panel?!

Do you have any idea maybe how to move it down faster? I can touch around it / on it without results for ages, then sometimes it just skips a .2 cm

Shouldn't the "dirt" move a little bit if I take like a qtip on top of it and drag it?

Holy sh!t.

Just reading this makes me so annoyed gosh.

I learned to deal with unrecoverable stuck and dead pixels by now if they are not right in the middle of the screen, but I can almost feel the rage building up inside me if this happened to me. That has to be just so incredibly frustrating ._.

I would check out the company policy.  From what I remember working at Micron, it's acceptable to have 3 dead pixels within a Quarter coin distance. -  Not acceptable for you but check the policy.  Dell has a policy that is similar as well.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |